Tach Light Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Can anyone tell me where they hooked up the wire for the light in the tach ? I tapped into the wire for the light on the AC control for my gauges but never thought about the light in the Autometer tach. I see a spot in the fuse block marked LPS. Im assuming thats lamps. Can I use a male spade connector and hook into that ?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I don't think so. You can check it with a test light. Easiest spot would probably be the light switch- gray for dimmer or dk brn for park lights....

Cant test it, I dont have anything under the hood installed. Still working on getting the dash squared away. I guess I'll pull the harness for the gauges out as far as I can get it and tap into the light wire for them.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me where they hooked up the wire for the light in the tach ? I tapped into the wire for the light on the AC control for my gauges but never thought about the light in the Autometer tach. I see a spot in the fuse block marked LPS. Im assuming thats lamps. Can I use a male spade connector and hook into that ?
I think you can hook in there, but you will not have dimming ability. Just hook it up and try. If you hook up like fleming442 says, you should get dimming along with switched power.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I think you can hook in there, but you will not have dimming ability. Just hook it up and try. If you hook up like fleming442 says, you should get dimming along with switched power.

Thanks for the reply but its already done. I spliced into the wire for the light on the AC control. I hope it works. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor