Tail lights problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Hey guys still working on my 81 wagon, today I started on the headlights and taillights. I noticed as soon as I hooked up my battery the taillights came on without the switch on, has anyone else have had this problem? And when I pull the light switch on all lights work fine it’s just when I turn the light switch off the rear taillights stays on. Only way the go off if I disconnect the battery. Any help will be appreciated.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Ok thanks I’ll give that a try cause apparently the previous owner had the same problem because he had the plug disconnected in the rear, the main plug that runs all the taillights

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
maybe these will shed some light on it

RearGround-Wagon.jpg
RearLightsWagon.jpg
LightSwitch.jpg
RearTurn-Hazard-StopLight.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
I show hope so thanks. Hopefully it’s a ground somewhere I’ll just have to check it out after work tomorrow thanks again

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
I dont its a ground issue, sounds more like a head light switch issue to me. Bad ground do crazy things like make the warning chime sound when you apply the brake, or make all tail lights flash went you put on a turn signal etc.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Found the problem, it was a bad brake light switch, all lights working as they should. Thanks for the help👍🏼

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor