Tail pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
Does anyone sell 2.5 inch tail pipes that exit behind the rear wheel (H/O style) for a decent price? I cant seem to find any.

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I was pleased with the fitup of them, although I did have to cut the 45 degree slash on the tip to make it look factory. I didn't care for the squared off outlet. Didn't matter as I cut them after installation to make sure they matched.

Attachments

• tailpipes.jpg
    tailpipes.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 405
Reactions: 1 user

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Your welcome, good luck with the install. I agree, the monte tail pipes look good on monte's and mustangs, but the behind the wheel is right on all the other gbodies.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
image.jpeg
403Olds, I was looking under my Malibu and was wondering if I would have a problem installing these tailpipes. I noticed your muffler were center exit and mine are outside exit. Do you think those tailpipes would clear my coil springs? Here is a pic of my car, Thanks, Tim

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Timo22, you should be fine, I had to bend mine a little since the mufflers are on reverse of how they are normally installed. I would have switched them around, but the muffler shop that originally bent up the exhaust, welded the hpipe together. I was surprised that the mandrel bent tailpipes added some power over the muffler shop bent up ones. Both were 2.5"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor