Tailgate seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

82_wagon

Apprentice
Mar 9, 2017
Hey guys my tailgate/rear window weather stripping is leaking, what are you using to replace it? I've heard of some using a mini van seal but don't know what year make and model.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey guys my tailgate/rear window weather stripping is leaking, what are you using to replace it? I've heard of some using a mini van seal but don't know what year make and model.
Caleb,
Go to your local U-pull-it yard and check out the Chrysler minivans....like Plymouth Voyager or Dodge Caravan. .I assume the years you want are somewhere in the 2000's. Don't be afraid to check out other brands of minivans as well... also someone even mentioned Ford Explorers.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I have GM seal on mine, think it was a Venture van

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Thanks Brian,
That's the other one I couldn't think of.

Threw that one in for the guys that won't put a 9 inch under their car "because it's a FORD part" :p

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
We have found that the G-body trunk seal fits the wagon tailgate quite nicely with zero trimming involved and no need to rummage through the junkyard.

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
We have found that the G-body trunk seal fits the wagon tailgate quite nicely with zero trimming involved and no need to rummage through the junkyard.
....and there's enough to cover the tailgate/ hatch opening? That would be my next concern.

I remember you guys used to carry the OEM wagon rear seals years back. This might have been under the former ownership.

Thank you for putting that info out there.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Any pics of one installed?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I have seen what the trunk seal looks like profile wise, it's more than adequate for use on a wagon providing that the length is there.

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
The seals are very long most people with the conventional trunk have to remove quite a bit of material. As far as the glass, I have never had a car to test on so I cannot say yes or no.

Unfortunately, I lost the pictures that I had but I have sold them to quite a few people with really good success.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor