Taillight problem-ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I want to switch out the taillights on my '80 Malibu for 1981 taillights. I have the taillights and the 1981 taillight harness. I installed the '81 harness, and when I connect the battery, the brake and signal filaments in the 4 taillight bulbs come on steady and stay on. This happens as soon as I connect the battery, without turning anything on. The connectors on both the '80 and '81 harnesses look the same, the wire colours are the same, the connectors connect to the vehicle harness connector in the trunk the same. I've tried 2 different sets of bulbs with no difference. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Emergency flashers may be on with a bad flasher
Brake lights stuck on
Bad turn signal switch

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Doh!! I feel like a bit of an idiot. I've been changing the brake lines, master cylinder and power brake booster. The brake light switch is out of adjustment. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Happens to all of us.
NEVER overlook the obvious and complicate the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor