Tailpipe questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Don’t like the current set up it’s true duals with no cats and no x or h pipe and flow master mufflers I think.

4e02ccfc28be1a6751aba10631ffb8b1.jpg

Don’t like the look was wondering if there would be any issues or advantages to dumps by the axle? Or new tips out the back or getting it bent to exit behind the rear wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Cut them back & exit like stock. But where are they hung from? Like the MCSS near the bumper or hear the spring pockets like stock. FYI 442 duals & the '78-'80 dual tail pipe muffler hung from that area.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
I’m not sure and what was the stock exit behind the rear wheel?

What are the disadvantages to dumps by the axle I heard that sounds better?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Stock is over the axle and comes out behind the rear tire under the quarter panel, I personally don't like rear exits exhaust at all not even on Montes.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Here is stock 442 exhaust on my 86' Regal with a 307 Olds.

IMG_1933.JPG
IMG_1934.JPG

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
If you're talking about dumps under the car in front of the rear axle yes it will be louder it will also most likely drone like crazy and in most places it's not legal on a street car due to exhaust gasses being able to get inside the car. If you're talking about dumps out the side in front of the rear axle that too may sound louder due to it being closer to your ears but also looks cheap and will require you to grow a mullet, jack up the rear about 6 inches put reverse offset cragars with bald off brand white letter tires on the back and start dating your sister or first cousin.
Best bet is the stock exit under the quarter behind the rear tire.

• Haha

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Lol I’ve always wanted a mullet or a Mohawk may have to make that a life goal and call myself joe dirt.

I assume it’s not gonna be cheap to have someone relocate the tail pipes and it would be cheaper and easier to just slap on some tips I can stand the sight of?

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
My duals come out parallel to the rear tires. Nice and clean

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor