Takin out the "fast" car

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stock 700-r4 is stronger than most stock 200-4Rs. That said to live with the spray either should be built. Once built I will take a 200-4r over the 700-r4 because it has better gearing ie not as low a first gear, not a big a jump from first to second. and a slightly taller overdrive. Its also a little more efficient. Again to me the biggest thing with the overdrive isn't the improved gas mileage its the ability to take advantage of those 4.10 gears and still be able to use it on the highway without spinning the snot out of it.

Yea some drag radials of some sort should probably be your next investment. If you use it more on the street than the track the Nittos & the M&Hs do better in the rain and seem to last longer than the BFGs & the M&Ts. I don't know about the new Hoosier drag radials.

see, the th400 vs th350 arguement is one of those things i refuse to get involved in. i run powerglides. and with a powerglide, your firstgear is like 2nd in a th350, so you dont spin as bad, and you lose less hp through it because ther is less weight internally. as far as the smack, a powerglide would help quite a bit even without dragradials, but you could definately use a set to your advantage. did you say your rearend is a 7.5, i would knock it off with the juice if it is... just my .02 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor