Tell me about this Quadrajet

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Having the right tool is best, but the secondary rod hanger fits that double D perfectly. Also the Q-jets I have seen on the late 80's Chevy trucks had an enrichment solenoid that looks just like the CCC solenoid. It had no CCC but used a temperature sender to operate it. Not knowing the part number I would have guessed it was a 1980 Q-jet. That year was the first for the electric choke and had no solenoids.

Didn't know about that tip but sounds like it would only work for making a preliminary adjustment with the carb off the engine. I doubt the hanger would fit while performing a running engine adjustment.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yes, it fits a double D and normally I would use the long bent snap-on carb adjusting tool. But I learned to keep one of those hangers in my emergency tool box. It takes up no room but works just fine in a pinch. It also fits the APT adjuster screw. That is located right under a plug on the air horn. When tuning for part throttle you leave the plug out and adjust the APT with the long end of the hanger. The APT is also a double D. I do grind the sides of the hanger off a bit for better fitting.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor