tell us your WORST ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the Cutlasses that came with the diesels. I bet you had to time them with a sun dial.

dogshit said:
How about the Cutlasses that came with the diesels. I bet you had to time them with a sun dial.

sun dial?
**** that... pick up a rock and watch how long it takes the surrounding air to erode it away!

My 81 Regal 231 V-6 had 2.73 gears. It ran 21.9 seconds the first run. I ran it every week for a few months while learning how to get the reaction times down, and figuring out the track at 16 years old. After tune ups, emptying the catalytic converter and trying different tire sizes etc. we got the time down to 19.5 range.

gto78 said:
My 81 Regal 231 V-6 had 2.73 gears. It ran 21.9 seconds the first run. I ran it every week for a few months while learning how to get the reaction times down, and figuring out the track at 16 years old. After tune ups, emptying the catalytic converter and trying different tire sizes etc. we got the time down to 19.5 range.

I admire that gto78,
I've seen alot of folks who are too shy to get their slow car out there to practice... Sometimes, it doesnt matter how quick you go, as long as you have fun doing it. Every bit of improvement makes you feel good.

atttah boy!

That was about 20 years ago when I first tried the 1/4 mile. I had to start somewhere. I at least learned how to stay consistent in the bracket racing class I was in. Also got my R/T's down to consistent .5's to .6's. Somehow over the years I've managed to get two (2) perfect .500 reaction times, it's like getting hit with lightning twice....

:bump:

well my regal is the first and only car i have ever raced my borther got me into it by challenging me with his v tec honda that ran 15.3. and i had already done some stuff to the 305 in the regal. we put a bigger cam in and uped the compression to like 10.2 to 1 and put some full length headers on it did the exhaust in 2 1/2 inch into two delta flow flowmasters. dropped the gear ratio to a 3.42 put a 750cfm holley on it and we changed the transmission to a th350 and ran it. my worst time in it was a 15.4 because i didnt know were the finish line was. my next run was a 14.7 and that was the fastest for that night. now remember that on street tires with one tire fire. so the next day i oredered a mini spool and put it in about a week later when i got it and went down to PIR and ran again. we got it down 14.4 at 93 mph on the 305. so a month or so later we drug out a "core motor" that ended up being brand new it still had cross hatch in the cylinders. so we put a bigger cam in it oh by the way it was a 350, and the rpm air gap manifold and the 750 holley off the 305 with about an 8 jet increase. we ran the same headers and exhaust and transmission. but we pulled out the good cylinder heads, (oh by the way if you want to see pictures of all this stuff they are posted on my profile) and then we went back and ran a best of 13.39 at 100.37mph and a worst of 13.6 at 98mph. hopefully we can crack the low 11s with the 383 when it comes together. oh and we are running MSD ignition and ran it on the 305 as well.

I got my worst time to post now. I went bracket racing with my car club last night with my newly acquired Grand Prix. My best time was 17.301 seconds @ 78.13 MPH (first run of the night). My worst time was 18.126 seconds @ 73.96 MPH (last run of the night).

0.00 is my worst E.T. 72 Nova SS 350 4 speed and 4.11 gears..Frickin motor spun a bearing driving up to the burnout box... :puke:

My first car was a 80 regal with a 265 4.3, 80,000 original miles got it for 2500 from a " little old lady " in Grand Rapids MI, well i had it for a couple years with no mods, ended up hitting a deer with it, anyways, my buddy had a 86 ford f-150 with a v6 and always said his truck would spank my car. well we went to the closest track, run what ya brung night, he ran a best of 21-ish and i ran a best of 18-ish. Had a ton of fun! i sure miss that Regal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor