Texas82GP's GMT900

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sealed is sealed, doesn't matter how.
I hope it is sealed. It's been difficult to not buy a new tank tonight. I'm very angry at GM. Oh well.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
But he already welded it. . .

I used the JB Plastic Weld on a couple bumper mounts on the wife's Envoy. Originally the bumper skin had molded tabs that were plastic welded to the mounts which are separate pieces. I glued them back together with that stuff a couple years ago and they're still holding. Supposedly it kinda melts the plastic as it cures to get a good bond, like the way PVC glue works.
I like this feedback. I hope it holds.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Over the years I've gotten a feel for your standard of "right". It might feel like you're taking a shortcut, but try not to lose any sleep over it. I don't think it's a safety issue. If it weren't for the intermittent light on the dash, you'd never know it was breathing.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
I agree 100% with DRIVEN on this one. Your attention to detail is never anything less than meticulous. It might feel like a temporary fix to you, but I don't think there's anything wrong that being permanent.

$500+ is a lot of money for something that JB Weld can handle.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I agree 100% with DRIVEN on this one. Your attention to detail is never anything less than meticulous. It might feel like a temporary fix to you, but I don't think there's anything wrong that being permanent.

$500+ is a lot of money for something that JB Weld can handle.
And the plastic welder is the next solution if the 'fix me' light comes back on.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor