Th200-4r TV Cable Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
I need some help as to which tv bracket to use for my th2004-r transmission with my edelbrock carb and manifold setup for my Pontiac. I have tried 3 so far and none of them work correctly, I tried the stupid universal one but it didn't line up correctly. I am currently using the one from TCI-376700 and the TCI-376710 corrector kit. The problem seems to be the cable is too short, I have it adjusted all the way out and it doesn't want to shift into the next gear unless I release the gas pedal and step on it again, then it goes into 2nd gear. I need someone who has a similar setup like mine to tell me what bracket they are using and what cable. This bracket that I am using now was hitting my manifold so I had to get a 1 inch carb spacer to lift it up to keep it from hitting the manifold. This is very frustrating as there are many different setups and cable lengths from different cars, I am pretty close now I just need the cable to be a little bit longer. The transmission and cable came from a 87 GN any advice would be much appreciated.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I'm watching this thread too....may even do some digging to see if I can find an answer because I'll be facing the same dilemma when the time comes. I'm going to be using a Q-jet and performer intake on my 455 though.

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
"I'm going to be using a Q-jet and performer intake on my 455 though"

TCI 376700 will work with the Quadrajet setup FYI, I have used it for that.

Sorry to the OP I dont have info on what will work right on an Edelbrock.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
techg8 said:
"I'm going to be using a Q-jet and performer intake on my 455 though"

TCI 376700 will work with the Quadrajet setup FYI, I have used it for that.

Sorry to the OP I dont have info on what will work right on an Edelbrock.

He's right, the TCI 376700 didn't work for my Edelbrock WTF!!! Doesn't someone make a bracket for an Edelbrock with performer manifold for the TH200-4r? There must be some Pontiac guru out there who has done this swap before>>>??? Anyone??

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You may need a longer cable, plain and simple. It could be the Edelbrock linkage is further foward, requiring a longer cable. You would think Edelbrock would offer multiple bracket options for cables, especially for the 700R4 or 2004R.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
84GP455 said:
There must be some Pontiac guru out there who has done this swap before>>>??? Anyone??

I think most of the Poncho crowd prefers Q-jets!

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
i used edelbrock 8031 throttle bracket BUT i had a SBC... :| did you look into bowtieoverdrive's kit? http://www.tvmadeez.com/ and i agree with gbody vet i would probably go with a modded q-jet :mrgreen:

956Neto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2013
Weslaco TX
Dam bro! I had the same dam problem and got sick and tired of it... went thru 6 transmissions until I decided to switch to a TH400.... now my car shifts way better but minus the O/D part. But yeah if ure into that transmission working, buy the proper bravket u need and be sure to adjust it right if not ure gonna burn out the transmission... Good luck with that!

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
956Neto said:
Dam bro! I had the same dam problem and got sick and tired of it... went thru 6 transmissions until I decided to switch to a TH400.... now my car shifts way better but minus the O/D part. But yeah if ure into that transmission working, buy the proper bravket u need and be sure to adjust it right if not ure gonna burn out the transmission... Good luck with that!
Yes It's very frustrating to say the least! And I am not switching to a q-jet, this Edelbrock runs way better than any q-jet I've had! It is very crucial to get the proper setup for the tv cable/bracket it has to be the right geometry or like you say it will burn out your transmission fast. I am not giving up this transmission either its a 87 Grand National BRF code and it's way more responsive than the TH400 that I've been running for 25 plus years! i'm not going back to a three speed I like the OD too much.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
olds307 and 403 said:
You may need a longer cable, plain and simple. It could be the Edelbrock linkage is further foward, requiring a longer cable. You would think Edelbrock would offer multiple bracket options for cables, especially for the 700R4 or 2004R.
I thought that the cable only came in one length>?? Can someone verify this? I've only seen them sold as a universal cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor