TH200 TV Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Hey guys,

just want to install my new TV cable at my TH200 (ATP Y-100) Its listed in the applications but it doesnt fit...i saw a „adapter grommet“ for the TH200 in some cable packages. But it is not included in the Y-100😒 Is there any chance to install it? Or a source where i can get the grommet? Im located in germany, so i cant just slap in a 350😄 Any suggestions? I attach a pic from a another pic so you see what i mean

Thanks! And stay safe...
69752508-573E-41A2-BB81-D05781712348.png

Last edited:

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
what about it doesn't fit?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
And that's a kickdown cable, not a tv cable. tv cable has a black teardrop clip on the end. it needs to move 1:1 with the throttle.
This is what you need:
#y233
y233.jpg

malibu79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
The cable in the pic is the same as the Y-100...this eccenter grommet is the problem. Where can I buy one of these or has anyone got it working without the grommet adapter thing? It just has to seal the lower cable flange in the housing
E5D3B010-5904-4C13-BE1D-3E1802A50260.jpeg

Last edited:

malibu79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
I ve done some research and thats my conclusion. Proof me if i am wrong:

Yes, the TH200 from 80-up has this Detent cable with the „teardrop“ end...absolutely correct. I forgot to mention my Malibu is a a 79 with a early Metric 200 (not 200c/R4 or anything) This models came with a „TH350-style“ more Kick down looking cable. Its possible to use a TH350 kickdown cable, but the mounting to the transmission has a different diameter( TH350 is way smaller than the old TH200 cable) Thats why I need a adapter grommet to get the TH350 cable sealed to the housing🤔

Last edited:

malibu79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Update: The APT Y-231 is the right cable but its out of production😞 Even the tech support cant give me a part# or a alternative....any help out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor