TH200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
As said, change the input and output seals and whatever other seals it looks like. In a shop is different, you don't want a come back. We pulled at least one that shifted fine but had multiple leaks. My boss figured a known and tested used TH350 was a better gamble then resealing a TH200.

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
the first thing most people think when they get a front transmission leak is front seal, the first thing i think is front pump bussing. the front seals do leak but most of the time it is the bushing. also on the 200-350 the pump O ring will leak. any time i resealed a pump i did all three. the 350 came out in 1969 and the 200 came out in 76, being a professional transmission rebuilder for 45 years i have built many 100s or even more of that flavor and everything else in between,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, you are right, new seals usually do squat. These old GM trans like to leak everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor