TH350 cooler line Routing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Kind of confused on cooler line routing. I know from a Th200 to a Th350, the lines need swapped for it to work right. Right now I have it running top line in transmission going to top fitting in my aluminum spectra radiator. And bottom line to bottom fitting. Is this right? does it matter? I've driven the car 10 miles with the new transmission so far, nothing bad has happened. The old transmission lasted 5500 miles, but it's demise I attribute to gravel dust getting in, as well as dirt and road grime, and me running it low in fluid constantly. Does it not really matter as long as it's getting cooled fluid?

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Doesnt really matter just as long as not kinked or too close to headers/manifolds

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Doesn't matter which line goes where on the radiator as far as I know. Its just a simple cooler inside there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Glad to know it's going in my favor so far. The fittings on the trans end are stripped to sh*t and if I have to take them out again I may just burn the car down. Too bad it's still listed as a V6... maybe that's why insurance is so cheap? :p

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
New reproduction cooler lines are around $45-50

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Sure hoped you cleaned the cooler and the lines out.
I made sure of that. New filter and fluid too. transmission runs good so far, too early to tell how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor