TH350 Cooling lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Are ya running an external trans cooler & the radiator tank?
I am bypassing the radiator and it instead goes to a trans cooler with a fan and then into a B & M Trans Fluid Consistency System that holds 4 more quarts.
IMG_0963.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Jack
Good to see ya still here kicking around. 😁 yeah I tried to give it to him so he’d have more interest but he’s busy getting his act together finding a career path (union electrician or job w MTA)
He was using it as a DD for awhile when my 95 Surburban I gave him to drive needed work & now the Th350 needs rebuilding. It only does 1st & 3rd and ya gotta shift manually 😳
Dave,
A well built TH350 should be fine behind a mild big block. Good luck to your son in finding his career path. If he can get into the IBEW, that would be great. I was a member of Local #3 in NYC. I think it's Local #25 out on the island.
Good luck on the car. Keep us informed on your progress.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
A question for the guys running AN lines WITHOUT an external cooler. How do you run them to the radiator fittings ? Theyre a good distance apart. Just having them hang might look kinda strange. Bending them at an angle to follow the radiator might look worse.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Dave,
A well built TH350 should be fine behind a mild big block. Good luck to your son in finding his career path. If he can get into the IBEW, that would be great. I was a member of Local #3 in NYC. I think it's Local #25 out on the island.
Good luck on the car. Keep us informed on your progress.
Jack, theres another IBEW local on the island. I belonged to 2230. ;)

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, theres another IBEW local on the island. I belonged to 2230. ;)
Thanks Mich,
I wasn't aware of that. Just a narrow minded New Yawker. :giggle:

• Haha

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Another thing done. Getting closer to having the 81 back on the ground. I liked the way 565bbchevys lines looked along the inner fender so I did the same thing. Used 4 AN clamps. I attached 3 to the inner with 1" socket head screws. Easy. I had to make a few runs to the speedshop to get the right angle AN fittings. Used 1 90 degree and 3 30 degree hose ends. I also put a couple of pieces of split loom on the battery cables just in case. Couldnt believe the total cost of this stupid set of lines ! LOL
In the end Im happy with the way it turned out.
Thanks 565bbchevy !!!!
IMG_0855.jpg IMG_0856.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor