th350 governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessielerance

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2022
I got a 1982 el camino with a th350 in it and it had trouble shifting out of 1st to 2nd. So I took the governor out and noticed the gear was messed up a bi and so I took that off and took the little valve inside. But that little valve just wont come out unless I push it from the back side. what is something I can try? thanks

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Well if the gear is messed up you need to change it or get another one, but you can start by getting a pan or cup ,throw some acetone or something similar let it soak abit see if things free up

jessielerance

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2022
Well I have a new gear and I can take the little valve out but it doesnt slide and out smooth or easy

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
if the gear has apple cored, there is a reason. it is because the rear case bushing is worn out and the output shaft has play in it. if you don't replace the bushing it will happen again. i have built literally 100s of 350 thm in my 45-year professional building career, and i always replace this bushing, the unit has to be completely apart to do so. as far as the governor valve is concerned it will not usually come all the way out easily, it only requires to travel so far with the gear installed, as long as it moves freely with the gear on you are good ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor