TH350 Kickdown/Detention/TV Cable confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
I installed an Edelbrock 8036 Throttle Cable and Kickdown Cable bracket...
Screenshot_20220623-223916-920.png

...and after installing and adjusting everything to it, it seems the Kickdown/Detention/TV Cable is too short...

Also, shouldn't my transmission bellhousing fit exactly at the back of my engine ? Or is this because of the V6 to V8 swap by the previous owner ?
IMG_20220623_195750176.jpg

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I installed an Edelbrock 8036 Throttle Cable and Kickdown Cable bracket...
View attachment 201017

...and after installing and adjusting everything to it, it seems the Kickdown/Detention/TV Cable is too short...

Also, shouldn't my transmission bellhousing fit exactly at the back of my engine ? Or is this because of the V6 to V8 swap by the previous owner ?
View attachment 201016
Oretty sure you can adjust the length of the cable by pressing the silver tab down and turning the piece that locks in the bracket. Maybe another forum member can give more info.

Reactions: 1 user

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Oretty sure you can adjust the length of the cable by pressing the silver tab down and turning the piece that locks in the bracket. Maybe another forum member can give more info.
Yea the plastic piece on the cable (circled in green) is where you can adjust it, and that piece must be inside of the other plastic piece at the bracket to lock it properly...
Screenshot_20220624-005343-091.png

See, right now how mine is set up the best way possible, I'm about a good 2" out past the adjustment piece, the "lock" isn't locked onto anything but that cable...it only locks when the two plastic pieces on the cable are connected with each other. I can't bring the cable back even to the furthest correct adjustment point, the cable reaches nowhere near the carburetor access point below the throttle cable point...that's why I assume the one I have is wrong because it seems to be to short.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Yea the plastic piece on the cable (circled in green) is where you can adjust it, and that piece must be inside of the other plastic piece at the bracket to lock it properly...
View attachment 201020

See, right now how mine is set up the best way possible, I'm about a good 2" out past the adjustment piece, the "lock" isn't locked onto anything but that cable...it only locks when the two plastic pieces on the cable are connected with each other. I can't bring the cable back even to the furthest correct adjustment point, the cable reaches nowhere near the carburetor access point below the throttle cable point...that's why I assume the one I have is wrong because it seems to be to short.
How did it fit before you changed the manifold and carb ?

Reactions: 1 user

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
How did it fit before you changed the manifold and carb ?
The bracket I had on there was on the back of the carburetor... This bracket is a further back because it mounts to the driver side rear intake manifold bolts...

Screenshot_20220624-081129-068.png

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
A piece of advice for the future. NEVER get rid of parts until the car is completely finished.
Yeah that's spilt milk at this point... not only that but it also broke..

I just need to know what transmission I have and if the kickdown cable I have is correct for it, or if because the new bracket is in a farther position if I just need a longer kickdown cable...

Besides the bellhousing, how else can I decipher if this is a th350 or a th350c?

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Yeah that's spilt milk at this point... not only that but it also broke..

I just need to know what transmission I have and if the kickdown cable I have is correct for it, or if because the new bracket is in a farther position if I just need a longer kickdown cable...

Besides the bellhousing, how else can I decipher if this is a th350 or a th350c?
See because this one I found here for a th350c looks nothing like what I have...
Screenshot_20220624-052439-305.png

Screenshot_20220624-082838-149.png

Screenshot_20220624-052536-416.png

"C" series transmissions had a different detent cable than what I have on mone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor