Th350 Leaking... front seal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The "new" th350 in my regal that I picked up for 75$ last year has developed a small leak. Sometimes it will leak only a few drops, otehr times it will leak out what looks like half a quart. I may have overfilled it a tad when I first drove the car. It wouldn't go in gear, thought the trans was junk. Bought 6 quarts of atf and one by one tested it in the driveway. Used all 6 and shifted like new. Now as I said every so often it will piddle out. it seems to be coming from the front seal or at least behind the converter. No atf splatters that I can see. As I do not have the time or means I did during the swap, and the car isn't gonna be regularly driven for a few months, so should I just have a shop repair it? How much should it be?
Thanks.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Hind sight is 20/20 but I always install a new seal installing a trans. Since your not using the car pull it back and replace it yourself - with the price of labor it won't be cheap.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hind sight is 20/20 but I always install a new seal installing a trans. Since your not using the car pull it back and replace it yourself - with the price of labor it won't be cheap.
Yeah, I did some searching around and it would be 100% cheaper to do it. I might even get a converter too if I can spare the dough. The weird thing is it didn't start leaking until a few hundred miles after filling it. Oh well. Might as well just take it out, it's just a couple wires and some bolts. Tidy up some engine compartment stuff too.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Also would anyone happen to know the bolt circle for the converter on a BOP Th350? Summit lists converters for 11 inch and 10.750 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor