TH350 mount question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Can anyone tell me what this is out of ? I figured it was a standard TH350 mount but so far none of the auto parts can match it. I know I can buy an Energy but I thought since the motor mounts were OEM style I would keep this the same way. Ive tried NAPA, Advance, and Autozone.

IMG_1709.JPG

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
After looking at a ton of sites it turns out the #2360 is a standard number for that mount. The knuckleheads at the three auto parts didnt know this.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
i had the same mount on my transmission, but according to my pans bolt pattern, its a TH200.
also strange is the speedo gear housing installed comes up as a TH350 as well (its the larger one, not the bullet type)

is it possible to frankenstein these transmissions, or does the TH200 and TH350 use the same mount and speedo housing?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
i had the same mount on my transmission, but according to my pans bolt pattern, its a TH200.
also strange is the speedo gear housing installed comes up as a TH350 as well (its the larger one, not the bullet type)

is it possible to frankenstein these transmissions, or does the TH200 and TH350 use the same mount and speedo housing?

I have no idea. I had another mount in the parts pile but it was nothing like this one. Tossed it a long time ago. I finally picked one up this afternoon at the local Autozone. I gave the woman the part number and then had to explain why the year and make didnt matter. LOL

transman

Apprentice
May 17, 2015
Western Canada
What you're not saying is the year/make of your car. The typical 1 stud mount you've got there was used in most cases on any GM product that called for a single stud mount. Where I saw most of them sold was for the late 60's and 70's cars and trucks with either a TH350 or TH400. It was the most common mount we sold. When GM changed over in 78 to the G Body style, there are different mounts in my catalog. If you need it, let me know and I'll post the diagrams and applications here on the board.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
What you're not saying is the year/make of your car. The typical 1 stud mount you've got there was used in most cases on any GM product that called for a single stud mount. Where I saw most of them sold was for the late 60's and 70's cars and trucks with either a TH350 or TH400. It was the most common mount we sold. When GM changed over in 78 to the G Body style, there are different mounts in my catalog. If you need it, let me know and I'll post the diagrams and applications here on the board.

Its a TH350 in an 83 Malibu wagon. Im using a G Force cross member.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
If you are using a G Force crossmember, you may need a 2 hole style mount instead of the 1 bolt style pictured. If your crossmember has 2 slots in the middle instead of one, you will need this alternate mount. The 2 hole style will have 2 female threaded inserts instead of the 1 male bolt sticking out.

79-208.jpg

The correct parts store look up would be a transmission mount for a 1969 Chevelle with a 350.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
If you are using a G Force crossmember, you may need a 2 hole style mount instead of the 1 bolt style pictured. If your crossmember has 2 slots in the middle instead of one, you will need this alternate mount. The 2 hole style will have 2 female threaded inserts instead of the 1 male bolt sticking out.

View attachment 90185

The correct parts store look up would be a transmission mount for a 1969 Chevelle with a 350.

Theres an updated thread from today with a few photos of what I currently have.

transman

Apprentice
May 17, 2015
Western Canada
With you having done a conversion, the attached PDF on GM Mounts in the 80's may or may not help you. Note the various types of mounts available for the Chev. car series. When I worked in the transmission parts industry and a customer ordered a mount there were a number of questions we needed to ask. Year and make of course, plus engine size and transmission type and ask him for a description of the mount. I'm surprised that the G Force didn't supply you with a mount as part of the conversion kit.
Hope the attached is of some help to you.

Attachments

• Scan GM Trans Mounts.pdf
    395.1 KB · Views: 231
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor