Th350 sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadep76

Greasemonkey
May 11, 2021
Stupid question. When i drive car around for maybe 30 min, i get a squeal sound. I cant pin point from where but sounds like the trans area. I checked trans fluid and its at proper level. Ok...heres where it gets good. Once its sqealing i turn car off the sqeal slows then stops. I dont know what would still be spinning/sqealing when car is off. When i drive car and get on it alittle bit the trans slowly shifts into 3rd. Any predictions on what it would be?

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
That's an odd one. First you need to find source of "squeal", doubtful is the trans. If shifting into 3rd is sluggish, then you are looking at rebuild.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Sounds like something is building pressure and venting it, if you shut the car off and it slows down making this noise.
Could be, it's very difficult to diagnose squeals, squeaks and clunks without the vehicle in front of you. Never heard a vent do this before, but I guess possible if it has a partial blockage. Maybe check with Crosley on the Hotrodders forum, he's a master on 350s.

dadep76

Greasemonkey
May 11, 2021
Thanks guys. Yea i couldnt pin piont the noise exactly. But shifting into 3rd under a mild acceleration it takes its time going in. This noise and issue will be confirmed.

Reactions: 1 user

dadep76

Greasemonkey
May 11, 2021
Im being told that my torque converter mite be going. I replaced vacuum module and vacuum line. Added fluid to full line and still makes same noise and shifts into 3 laaaaaate and looong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor