TH350 trans mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Mine is shot... Question is, what do I tell the parts store I need a mount for? Car is an '82 Regal originally V6 unknown trans swapped to Chevy 350 V8 TH350 trans before I bought it. Does it even matter or are they all the same regardless of the specific trans?

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
Look to see if the transmission mount bracket on the crossmember is centered directly under the center of the tailshaft or if it is off to the side of the tailshaft.

Reactions: 1 user

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
If the car originally had a 3 speed automatic then it would have the offset mount and that same style mount and crossmember could still be on the car, if they changed the crossmember to a V8 style it would use the centered mount.
The part number for a centered mount will be 2360
The part number for an offset mount will be 2379

Attachments

• v8 transmission mount.jpg
    v8 transmission mount.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,150
  • v6 transmission mount.jpg
    v6 transmission mount.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,518
Reactions: 1 users

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
They are universal for the most part, manufacturers just use different letter or number prefixes.

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
If a counter guy can't hand you what you need with those part numbers, then for a centered mount use a 1980 Monte Carlo with 5.0l engine as the vehicle and for an offset mount just use a 1982 Buick Regal with 3.8l engine as the vehicle.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor