TH350 vs 2004R

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedchevy

Apprentice
Jun 1, 2011
CaLi
Can anybody tell me the difference between a th350 floor shifter cable vs a 2004r and why its is important to run the correct cable for the given transmissions.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I imagine the biggest reason is because the 350 is a 3 speed and the 200 is a 4 speed. Im not sure though I havent messed with either one

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
length..you must get the correct one or you won't be able to go into all your gears.

bleedchevy

Apprentice
Jun 1, 2011
CaLi
Evan's 85 said:
length..you must get the correct one or you won't be able to go into all your gears.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing and I heard this before thanks that pretty much confirmed it

bleedchevy

Apprentice
Jun 1, 2011
CaLi
Okay now my next question is where can I locate a "floor shift" cable for th350 transmission as everywhere that I looked sombody usually has it confused with the cable that runs to carburetor or its for 200-4r
Help !!!! :? Up

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
bleedchevy said:
Okay now my next question is where can I locate a "floor shift" cable for th350 transmission as everywhere that I looked sombody usually has it confused with the kickdown cable that runs to carburetor or its for 200-4r

just the cable? for a stock shifter?

use an older G body to look up the stock cable. my 79 monte came with a 3 spd auto (th200 i believe) and was switched with a th350, both 3 speeds and used the same cable.

bleedchevy

Apprentice
Jun 1, 2011
CaLi
GhettoRacingKid said:
bleedchevy said:
Okay now my next question is where can I locate a "floor shift" cable for th350 transmission as everywhere that I looked sombody usually has it confused with the kickdown cable that runs to carburetor or its for 200-4r

just the cable? for a stock shifter?

use an older G body to look up the stock cable. my 79 monte came with a 3 spd auto (th200 i believe) and was switched with a th350, both 3 speeds and used the same cable.

Yes I will need the stock cable and bracket for a th350 and yes the stock floor shifter found In the typical 80s g body

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
You might want to look at g body parts, or maybe even a local parts store. Beware that the factory 3 and 4 speed shifters are different also. They look identical aside from the gate plates. But the ear where the cable clips is shorter on the 3 speed. Stock 4 speed linkage will work with the 3 speed however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor