TH350C wiring w/cruise control

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
While I am brilliant at some things in my life (sarcasm, walking dogs, drinking vodka, etc.), I am ignorant in others. One area where I am in the dark is automotive electrical. The TH200 in my Cutlass has never shifted to my satisfaction, and now appears to be stuck in 1st gear. It is soon going the way of the Dodo bird. A buddy had a formerly (pulled out a few years ago) good functioning TH350C that I have acquired. I intend to install it after changing the front and rear seals and filter/fluid. As much as I drive my car the lockup function would be handy for improved MPG, but I don't know the best way to integrate it seamlessly into my setup. In my mind, IF (another issue) my cruise control was functional that would be the ideal way to engage/disengage the lockup. Cruising down the highway, hit the cruise button, lockup engages, eventually brake to slow down lockup disengages??? Any thoughts?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It could be done. There are variations in the wiring, some have two and three wire harnesses. Mine is a single wire, which means power and grounded through the transmission body. Splice the engage wire into the 12 volt feed wire to the solenoid. It may be a TH250C, look for the dreaded band adjustment stud near the cooler lines. If you have a stock, weak motor, it will probably live forever. I had one last over 400,000 km behind an 81 Olds 307 Y, I added headers and dual exhaust along the way. The first time behind a 403, I lost first gear, it is a light duty trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor