Th400 to 4l60E

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Hey guys I know there’s a lot of good information on LS swaps on here but I really didn’t see anything on the project I’m about to start. I have a LS1 in my wagon now carburetor about 1000hp, wi built th400, taking the wagon off the track and making just a street ride going with a mild 5.3 with 4l60e transmission, right now the car is being ran through the 6ls msd , My question is what will I need wh I change over to the 4l60e transmission? because I know that trans is electronic, also 5.3 will be set up with carb. also. Thanks

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
What a lot of guys have said, might want to look into a 4L80 if you're planning a swap & go. If not you'll need to rebulid it so it can hold up to any spirited driving. Regardless, you'll need a transmission controller for it to operate correctly.

Reactions: 1 user

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Yes I was kinda wanting to stick with the transmission I already have plus the only thing I’m doing to 5.3 will be a cam swap wife wanting just to drive to work putting ac really just a weekend cruiser

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
$700 controller or get a used analog 4speed trans for that much... or ditch the carb and put 5.3L back stock SEFI.

Last edited:

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Yes I was kinda wanting to stick with the transmission I already have plus the only thing I’m doing to 5.3 will be a cam swap wife wanting just to drive to work putting ac really just a weekend cruiser
Any particular reason you are opposed to fuel injection? Factory ecm would control your trans and FI would fit the bill for a weekend cruiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor