That Bon Fire Smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

sui_winbolo

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2006
North Dakota
Well I like to drive my car around our small town sometimes at night, it's a social thing we do. It was a pretty chilly night tonight so I had the heat cranked up pretty high. Since I got the car I noticed when I have the heat up it smells like a bon fire, that burning wood smell. I don't mind the smell, but I think I should be a bit worried about it, right? What could that smell indicate? I haven't been to a bon fire since September, and my car wasn't that close to it.

It's weird, as I sit here smelling like I've been to a bon fire, haha.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Leaves could be the culprit. Have you parked and found alot of leaves on the cowl? My Ford pickup got some leaves down into the evaporator case where there's an electrical part. The leaf smokes due to the electrical. I thought my truck was gonna catch fire!

sui_winbolo

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2006
North Dakota
srercrcr said:
Leaves could be the culprit. Have you parked and found alot of leaves on the cowl? My Ford pickup got some leaves down into the evaporator case where there's an electrical part. The leaf smokes due to the electrical. I thought my truck was gonna catch fire!

Yes actually, it has been parked for a good year before we got the engine swap, it was parked right under a group of trees for that year. Anything to do to fix it? Or do I just have to wait it out & cover up the smell?

Lol, nice one pontiacgp.

UnclesCamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2007
Northern Cambria, PA
Hello, new here but I had the same problem in my El Camino, I took the top off the heater box out under the hood and shop vac'd the leaves out of the heater box. Its a good time to scrape all the dirt and stuff out too and make sure the drain is clean. then rinse it really well. If the screen on the cowl is torn, I just took a piece of window screen and glued it where the old screen was.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor