That Escalated Quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
20181222_144202.jpg

This tree was leaning towards my neighbor's garage for years, and we've been talking about taking it down for just as long. It wasn't dead, but not exactly healthy either. We ha a long crane cable hooked about 15' up, the cable around another tree to get a 90 degree pull, he was in my truck, and I was cutting. I cut my wedge out, and gave him the Go to pull pressure for the back cut. I knew sh*t was going wrong when all 4 tires were smoking on the truck and my saw was binding up. Being committed sucks when you can't pull it off!
Luckily, it didn't damage any trusses as they're 4' on center, but it did break the perlings. We got it somewhat patched- still need to find some 20' panels to fix it right which ain't gonna be easy on the Sunday before Christmas.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
yup, dropping a tree is not always as easy as it looks. Glad nobody got hurt

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Insurance pays for most aww s**t moments
Of course it cannot pay for the wife saying "I told you to hire that tree guy I met at the convenience store that was drinking beer at 8:00 in the morning in the 25 year old truck that had a concave dent in the roof and said he would give me a great deal because it's Christmas and would only charge for the gas"
Could have hit the g_body

Reactions: 2 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Been there, done that...........

......but never flipped the tree onto the house :ninja:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
It really sucks when your trying to prevent damage. Did you atleast get a video for AFV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor