The 1:30 AM Phone Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
My son was in a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago. Broken bones, cuts, scrapes, abrasions and banged up. Things could have been much worse. While he's doing a lot better now, he is still on the mend and recovery will be a few months long. The 1:30 am phone call from the emergency room is every parents worst call. He's been home for about a week or so now and our routine is completely messed up as helping him is the first priority. He's starting to manage more and more on his own but still needs assistance with some basic day to day operations. While it's nice having him home, it would be nicer under better circumstances. I told him he didn't have to go doing all that if he just wanted to spend time at home and have mama take care of him a while.
I'm just starting to carve out time again to get on the forum. I didn't realize how much I miss this addictive site.

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Ack!!! Hang in there! Glad to hear he's on the mend. I hope he's learned a lot from this unfortunate circumstance to make him a better rider, regardless of how it happened.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Sorry to read about the accident but glad the outcome is still on the positive side of life.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Sending well wishes his way. Glad it appears he will recover.

Last edited:

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Wish him a speedy recovery

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My wife seems to get more of those calls than I do for some reason. Bones heal and chick's dig scars. Glad to hear junior is on the mend.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
A parents worst fear. I still worry about my son. God speed on him recovering

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Been there and done that, more than once; cracked ribs and bruised bones. Knew a couple of riders who went out for Tattoos to hide the scars. Thought about getting a Tat of a zipper for my left arm after the scar from the artery being harvested for my heart surgery healed but around here Tats are distinguishing marks that the cops take pictures of when they hassle you and being as unremarkable as possible is a state of condition to which I have always aspired.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor