The "77 Elco project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Creller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2016
Saginaw Michigan area
I'm finishing my '75 El Camino project, while the G-body '87 Elco is " resting" !! he '75 has a few issues yet that I'm working on, like the speedo doesn't work, and the carb is acting up. It's powered by a 507 inch Caddy engine, and the 800 CFM Q-jet has been acting up......

The wheels & tires since this pic are new rallys. Still tweaking stuff, like that tail pipe !
This was a body off the frame project....

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
507 caddy! oh dear! :eek:
Nice car.

Pics of engine please

Bill Creller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2016
Saginaw Michigan area
Engine appears like it belongs in there, but has a slightly rough idle cam, oversize valves in ported heads etc, and an oil pan I built to fit the chassis. It started out to be a daily driver, so I used the stock air cleaner with carb heat etc. Still need to replace the AC comp with a Sanden and new hoses...

Trans is a modded TH400, and rear is a Currie 9 inch Ford,,

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor