The Bronze Brick a Very Unusual 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Quinn, Drag Cutlass & all; Quinn you shouldn't be using such nasty (Honda) words on the forum. Their must be some rule that you may have broken?
GoToO it! Nice job spanking newer cars with your 'Honda Accord'. Holden rules!
That was a fun day & 2 out of 3 Hemi's down & one 2015 SS Camaro, three out of 4 for the day. Yes the Hell Cat did go by, my one lose of the day. It's almost impossible to win a race when you're down 300 HP? But had that been a stop light race, I may have won!
Anyway Mr drag cutlass, dig them (Holley's) out you may have something of value? A few years ago I had rebuilt a boat Holley for a distant friend, he had it on a 63 Vette that was made from other crashed Vettes. And when I went up to his place sitting on the floor was a #'s match 1964 Holley that should of been on his car! Worth maybe $200 -$300 or more? I wanted him to oil & bag it and get it off the floor, he just didn't care! He wouldn't sell it either. I'll get some pictures up next week of the three 1957 twins OK triplets.
For any of you guys that have a 2004-06 Holden (GuTOo), I have removed the King zero drop rear springs & will likely sell them, if you or someone you know is interested. Take care Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
'It looks like a Honda' was the snarcasm that landed on the Holden-sourced GTOs because many potential Pontiac buyers thought the cars lacked the muscle car details like vents, scoops and other 'features'. It shows how much the GM marketing department had trained its customers to be distracted by plastic in lieu of real power while they scrambled to find it again.
You and I know that the GTO was the ultimate wolf in sheep's clothing - only the exhaust bark hinted at the LS / manual power 'bite'.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Hi Quinn & all; Just got back from our all class reunion, what a time warp. Making future plans to go West in 2019. Hope to meet you on that trip & having a beer on your porch. I drove the GuTOo today as it was going to rain & it did. As the GuTOo is a lot easer to clean up than the Bronze Brick & behaves better on wet roads. Of course I was the only Holden driving a Holden. But another unusual automobile showed up a 1949 or 50 Studebaker similar to my first car driven by a gal. Thanks for postin' Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• holden_0802_coupe60_10b.jpg
    holden_0802_coupe60_10b.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 215
Reactions: 1 user

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Finely making time to post, I move so damn slow that it takes me way too much time to get anything done. Anyway here are the three 1957 Holley's all in the same place at the same time. And to top it off, the fella that owns two of them has found a 1961 re-build kit that has the correct parts & did I mention that the parts are Very Old. But not as old as me! Does that mean that my parts are old & dry with leaky hard gaskets? Back to carb's, yes he made me paint it, & even though they all have the same list & dash #'s. None of them are exactly the same, go figure. The painted one seems to be the oldest & we know that it is in fact a 1957. But the other two could be maybe a 58 or 59 as I have learned that the carb was available until around 61 or 62??
Another epic automobile related event this week-end. The CHC annual BBQ in Des Plains Ill. Three days of Holden's (GTO's, G-8's & SS Chevy's), Saturday the main event is a cruise to The Gateway Classic Cars in Kenosha & back to Des PLains for the eats. If your drivin' a Holden come out & join us. Or if ya live near Kenosha & want a take a look, they will be at Gate Way around 10 Am till noon. Take care Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 210
Reactions: 2 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Well I had to re train myself about date codes. All three were indeed 1957 carbs just different months. All three are back in their owners hands. Plus I had to build another one & take apart the Fancy one on my buddies 1950 Chevy (Lucy) as he got very small pieces of hose in it, a new fuel line from the filter to the log. And of course drag week, WOW seven second street cars (Well OK race cars with license plates). Plus the local car show, Beloit Auto-Ram-a, good weather & a bit over 1000 cars showed up.
Another few weeks & hobby car season will be winding down. I've decided put off going to the road course as my 15" tires just aren't suited for that event. Sure the fronts are V speed rated 200's but the rears being the MT drag radicals would be very questionable during inspection. Yes they worked fairly well on the auto X but on the road course the speeds are much higher & the secessions are longer. Twenty minutes & the heat build up would possibly destroy them. And send me & the Bronze Brick into the weeds, that would be Bad.
For you guys that have read all of this thread, you know that it is basically my for sale post. And as I watch Mecum Auctions the values are from cheep to unbelievably high. On & off I've been trying to sell it for 10 years now turning down a few offers that others may of taken. Always asking $.50 cents on the dollar. $49,000.00 setting on those tires, asking $24,500.00 & that's a lot on money! But how many have OE paint & Perfect steel. OH sure the paint is 5 different colors now, 1 hood, 2 bumper covers, 3 fenders, 4 "A" pillar back, 5 touch up by drivers mirror & "C" pillar. I know some of you young ins don't understand why the front clip (fenders in my case) are a different color than the "A" pillars back. GM way back painted the front clip in a different location within the plant. The bodies were painted at Fisher & front clips at Chevy. Over the years they just faded differently. Anyway I'm renewing my effort to sell it as my Old Body is telling me it's time to consider lower offers. So to any of you interested save your money up this winter & add your tax return next spring and make me an offer that I can't refuse. I understand that getting my asking price of $.50 cents on the dollar is unlikely. So it may come down to how well you convince me that you will take care of it in the future. And continue to up grade it into a better automobile. Thanks for lookin', Ole' Bob.
Ps: A few pictures of Drag Week.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 192
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; It's been a while since I've posted. Win__r is coming (I don't like to use nasty words) & it's getting cold outside. The weather man is talking 11* tonight. The Bronze Brick has been winterized (their I said it), full tank of Non ethanol premium of course with a 1/4 bottle of Mystery oil. Empty float bowels of fuel including acc pump & replace with a oz of mystery oil in each. Then of course turn engine over for 10 seconds without spark squirting Mystery oil down each barrel venturi. And get it up off the floor, don't want to flat spot those expensive tires. I got a Camaro rear license plate stay down bracket form Slowpoke out of Az & why did I wait 38 years to do this?? Anyway I don't like the fit, even though it has the same mounting holes the angle is different. Also the plate mounting area has a bend that may be original to the Camaro that the Malibu bracket doesn't have. So far I've straightened or flattened it out. Plus it has to be mounted off the Malibu surface some to clear the over center spring area, two nylon spacers from Ace will solve that. Next I will be cutting the spring cover-park position stop area some to get it to set at a similar angle to the OE bracket & hopefully get it to set down on my OE rubber stops. Have any of you guys ever modified any of these before & I just missed where to find the post? Next pull the valve covers & visually check valve train. Will I relax the rockers as I have so many times? I don't know if I'l have the energy to reset them in the spring. Damn ole' body is telling me that's a maybe. And adjusting valves has always been one of my favorite things to do. Yes I'm serious, adjusting valves gives me a sense of accomplishment as the engine usually comes to life soon after. Take Care Ole' Bob.
Ps: Old photo, but I just like to look the rockers & out of OE position valves on the AFR heads. How many of you guys noticed?

Attachments

• IMG_0628.JPG
    IMG_0628.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 211
Reactions: 1 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Greetings Guys; It's been a while since I've posted. Win__r is coming (I don't like to use nasty words) & it's getting cold outside. The weather man is talking 11* tonight. The Bronze Brick has been winterized (their I said it), full tank of Non ethanol premium of course with a 1/4 bottle of Mystery oil. Empty float bowels of fuel including acc pump & replace with a oz of mystery oil in each. Then of course turn engine over for 10 seconds without spark squirting Mystery oil down each barrel venturi. And get it up off the floor, don't want to flat spot those expensive tires. I got a Camaro rear license plate stay down bracket form Slowpoke out of Az & why did I wait 38 years to do this?? Anyway I don't like the fit, even though it has the same mounting holes the angle is different. Also the plate mounting area has a bend that may be original to the Camaro that the Malibu bracket doesn't have. So far I've straightened or flattened it out. Plus it has to be mounted off the Malibu surface some to clear the over center spring area, two nylon spacers from Ace will solve that. Next I will be cutting the spring cover-park position stop area some to get it to set at a similar angle to the OE bracket & hopefully get it to set down on my OE rubber stops. Have any of you guys ever modified any of these before & I just missed where to find the post? Next pull the valve covers & visually check valve train. Will I relax the rockers as I have so many times? I don't know if I'l have the energy to reset them in the spring. Damn ole' body is telling me that's a maybe. And adjusting valves has always been one of my favorite things to do. Yes I'm serious, adjusting valves gives me a sense of accomplishment as the engine usually comes to life soon after. Take Care Ole' Bob.
Ps: Old photo, but I just like to look the rockers & out of OE position valves on the AFR heads. How many of you guys noticed?

You take great care of that Malibu. Whoever ends up with it will be a lucky person.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I was about to start typing about why the rockers looks twisted, then I see this at the end of your post. Is this an artifact of the AFR castings, or just due to slacking them off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor