The Bronze Brick a Very Unusual 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I would dearly love to be the Brick's caretaker, but I have my own gold brick(er) that I have now owned for 20 years that is still inert. It's almost an unmet challenge, sitting out there blocking the driveway.

Bob, I hope you find a buyer that will treasure it as much as you have. I think $49K is not money wasted for all the joy the car has brought you since day one. Custom ordering a new car today just does not have the same thrill.

Last edited:

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Hi Quinn & all; I think having one inert (closer to OE) yours & one hot roded (The Bronze Brick) you would have the best of both worlds?? And I want to park my GuTOo next to your G8 while I go visit my old buddy down South. I was coming that way this March but plans changed. Next October we should consider going to the "Goat Run Las Vegas 2018"?
And yes how many memory's has the ole' Bronze baby givin' me, beyond count my friend. If I knocked a $1.00 off for each one I could give it away??? Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
And yes how many memory's has the ole' Bronze baby givin' me, beyond count my friend. If I knocked a $1.00 off for each one I could give it away...
Thumbs up!

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys: Well I'm keepin' busy gettin' the Brick ready for Gate Way. Tentative date March 29th or 30th. I did actually put it in the GBody for sale area that few see. I still don't know why stuff for sale doesn't appear on the main page?? I also have it posted on Cragi's List Janesville, Wi. I'm going to go through the valves today or tomorrow just to make sure that all is 100%. As I didn't relax them last fall like I do so many years. So that will be easer on my old wrists. I had the alternator gone through again as the 100 amp kit didn't work out that was installed a few years ago. Broken brush holder & the wrong rectifier, it was only putting out 71 amps. Now it puts out 97 amps, it should work much better. Of course I have the back & forth dealings with Gate Way about price. I'm too high of course. But I used their Florida show room as a reference as they have a Malibu listed for mid ($25,000?) twenty's & it has little real (after market) high end content. Like I said before, if your interested make me an offer, worst case I say no thank you. I'm facing the fact that my body & pocket book just can't keep up any longer. All through life we have to make discussions, this has to be one of the hardest for me. 39 years! Thank all for the great comeradity, Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings Guys: Well I'm keepin' busy gettin' the Brick ready for Gate Way. Tentative date March 29th or 30th. I did actually put it in the GBody for sale area that few see. I still don't know why stuff for sale doesn't appear on the main page?? I also have it posted on Cragi's List Janesville, Wi. I'm going to go through the valves today or tomorrow just to make sure that all is 100%. As I didn't relax them last fall like I do so many years. So that will be easer on my old wrists. I had the alternator gone through again as the 100 amp kit didn't work out that was installed a few years ago. Broken brush holder & the wrong rectifier, it was only putting out 71 amps. Now it puts out 97 amps, it should work much better. Of course I have the back & forth dealings with Gate Way about price. I'm too high of course. But I used their Florida show room as a reference as they have a Malibu listed for mid ($25,000?) twenty's & it has little real (after market) high end content. Like I said before, if your interested make me an offer, worst case I say no thank you. I'm facing the fact that my body & pocket book just can't keep up any longer. All through life we have to make discussions, this has to be one of the hardest for me. 39 years! Thank all for the great comeradity, Ole' Bob.
Cheer up Bob just remember what my old boss who just passed used to tell me. There's an *ss for every seat. The bronze brick is a beautiful and immaculate car and the right person with the right money will come along it's just a matter of time

Reactions: 1 users

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Bob, I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better . I know its going to be hard for me to sell mine. :doh:

• Agree

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Clutch, MMM & all; I didn't realize that my feelings were showing so much! Of course cabin fever is part of it as it is for so many others in the Northern winter areas. I do so enjoy working on the Bronze Brick, it must be similar to therapy? I went through the valves yesterday, #5 intake was about a .001" loose, otherwise the rest were near perfect! Then I realized that the BOOK & receipts were a mess, so that will take me a while to straighten out. Will I get time to up date the Excell ledger? As I would need to take off stuff that's gone & add the new expenditures. Like the exhaust from 3 (?) years ago, that was near $1800 alone. I'm afraid to add it up as it will surely go over $50,000.00? And that's not counting gas, oil, tires & lots of small ticket miscellaneous stuff. Received the packet from Gate Way today, 5 pages. And the outside temp is going to 60* today, so I'll get the GuTOo out of storage & bring it home. So I'll still have a fun car, just not quite as much fun as it is way heaver 3900 Lbs. Requires lots less work & easer to keep clean. Oh the promise I made to myself & wife that I wouldn't modify the GuTOo while we owned the Malibu! Well of course I did some modest mods, but with only one collector car to insure & maintain? If the ole' body has anything left to give maybe I can add some MORE POWER. Any suggestions? Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• 20160414_160249.jpg
    20160414_160249.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 222
Reactions: 2 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Well I have reached a reserve price with Gate Way. And a I'm to deliver it March 29th for it's 90 day visit. They don't think I'll get it back. Worse case I do get it back & have to suffer driving it some more! Their price will be North of $25,000 & of course they will offer financing (JJ Best?). I've been doing last minute maintenance & cleaning. The saddest part for me so far is I took the Momo steering wheel off Saturday & the car no longer feels like mine. As I had mounted it the third day of ownership back in August of 79. It had been on their a long time! Anyway ya all got about 2 weeks to step up & buy this before I sign the paper work. Going through all (Ok just some) of the stuff (OE parts) I've replaced is amazing, so many spare parts. If the new owner doesn't want the parts, I'll be posting. Of course it's all the heavy - big stuff hood, bumpers, A arms, spindles, rotors, carb-intake & lots more. Then I realized that my inch based tools are going to be nearly useless. Strange feeling!
As a courtesy to Gate Way I've been editing out recent prices. But if you're interested just call (608 752-5925) & make me an offer you could be Pleasantly Surprised. Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings Guys; Well I have reached a reserve price with Gate Way. And a I'm to deliver it March 29th for it's 90 day visit. They don't think I'll get it back. Worse case I do get it back & have to suffer driving it some more! Their price will be North of $25,000 & of course they will offer financing (JJ Best?). I've been doing last minute maintenance & cleaning. The saddest part for me so far is I took the Momo steering wheel off Saturday & the car no longer feels like mine. As I had mounted it the third day of ownership back in August of 79. It had been on their a long time! Anyway ya all got about 2 weeks to step up & buy this before I sign the paper work. Going through all (Ok just some) of the stuff (OE parts) I've replaced is amazing, so many spare parts. If the new owner doesn't want the parts, I'll be posting. Of course it's all the heavy - big stuff hood, bumpers, A arms, spindles, rotors, carb-intake & lots more. Then I realized that my inch based tools are going to be nearly useless. Strange feeling!
As a courtesy to Gate Way I've been editing out recent prices. But if you're interested just call (608 752-5925) & make me an offer you could be Pleasantly Surprised. Ole' Bob.
Wow .... Like loosing a family member

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor