The Bronze Brick a Very Unusual 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings SuperBon, Clutch & all;
Bob, Unfortunately you can never sell projects for what you have invested (don’t ask me how I know) so my vote is keep it. I was a little disappointed though to not hear it wot as you left town;)
Drat you should of got my attention, I could of talked your ear off. Consider coming by & having a beer (with or w/o roots) as I'm home most of the time? "You can never (seldom) sell projects for what you have invested". Ya that's why I'm only asking 1/2 price as I figure that that's what the parts would bring at a swap meet??? Of course some are old but some are very new & nothing is older than 40 years! Oh by the way we can re do that leaving the area throttle position! You got a video camera? I'm serious!
Ok Clutch Thant's a Lion Not a Goat getting it's Paw Burnt. And your opinion is bias, wait mine is TOo. I'm still laughing & will incorporate that phrase into my future explanation of the 17th cousins BS line that I give out freely.
Generally as we age we don't think about where & how we will end up when we can't wrench (change the oil, plugs on & on), mow the lawn, snow blow-shovel but hit 70++ & the ole' body will let ya know in a hurry that your TOo damn old to be doing some or all of these things. I think our affliction (hobby) does help keep one limber as I can still do most of these?? But how much longer is the question? At that point I have to be down to two automobiles, condo's generally don't have 3 car garages? Maybe after a few Bucket list trips (with the GuTOo) if the Brick hasn't sold I'll entertain selling the GuTOo?? Who can tell the future, Ole' Bob.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings SuperBon, Clutch & all;
Drat you should of got my attention, I could of talked your ear off. Consider coming by & having a beer (with or w/o roots) as I'm home most of the time? "You can never (seldom) sell projects for what you have invested". Ya that's why I'm only asking 1/2 price as I figure that that's what the parts would bring at a swap meet??? Of course some are old but some are very new & nothing is older than 40 years! Oh by the way we can re do that leaving the area throttle position! You got a video camera? I'm serious!
Ok Clutch Thant's a Lion Not a Goat getting it's Paw Burnt. And your opinion is bias, wait mine is TOo. I'm still laughing & will incorporate that phrase into my future explanation of the 17th cousins BS line that I give out freely.
Generally as we age we don't think about where & how we will end up when we can't wrench (change the oil, plugs on & on), mow the lawn, snow blow-shovel but hit 70++ & the ole' body will let ya know in a hurry that your TOo damn old to be doing some or all of these things. I think our affliction (hobby) does help keep one limber as I can still do most of these?? But how much longer is the question? At that point I have to be down to two automobiles, condo's generally don't have 3 car garages? Maybe after a few Bucket list trips (with the GuTOo) if the Brick hasn't sold I'll entertain selling the GuTOo?? Who can tell the future, Ole' Bob.
Bob you just gave me an idea! G-Body senior thread where the young guys go to the old guys houses and help them service things like the brick so you don't have to. Then the young guys will actually learn how not to butcher these cars

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Bob, I’ll look for you the next time I’m down there if i see the brick. I’ll be walking around with my little guy, and he’ll either be rambling on about the tractors or yacking about big blocks and little blocks. We usually do a lap around the cars, belly up to the bar for ice cream, do one more lap before door prizes.

I’m bringing my wife’s digital camera next time for pics, and it probably takes pretty good video too. I think there’s some cool stuff the guys here would like.

Clutch, I’ve already implemented the senior idea with my 3 year old. He loves wrenching so I put him to work. Everything takes twice as long now but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. He’s got his own toolbox with all the basics (hand me downs or HF) and knows what the right tool is most of the time. He can pretty closely point out and describe what engine parts do what and the 4 stages of a 4 stroke engine. Sadly, that probably puts him ahead of 95% of the population. He turns 3 in a week. SMH. Now you damn kids get off my lawn!

• Friendly
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Clutch, SuperBon & all; I can't be held responsible for your ideas, but I Sure Like it. I'm not even sure that I should be responsible for myself, some (Ok many) would agree! Too bad we live so far apart, I'd sure enjoy settin' on the porch havin' a beer with ya. We could keep each other laughing. Do some wrenchin' too? SuperBon I'll try to make Shopiere tomorrow night with the GuTOo as I'm getting ready to go West for a few days, it needs gas. And the Bronze Brick is relatively clean, ready for prospective buyer. I'm tossing around the idea (warning) of removing the price & just ask for offers?? I'm pretty sure that a FEW guys want it? As I had a few offers a while back. But it seems that the fellows under 50 just don't know how or want to barter??
General note from being a round the car culture a while. A lot of so called car guys are really Car Art guys, not really into performance & that's OK. But then they tell me how fast their 4000 + Lb what ever car is & it can't rev over 5300 RPM. But it is a GTO- Chevelle-GM A body, Road runner-MoPar, Ford whatever, it's really the Illusion of power & the old style sheet metal that they desire! Then their is the G Body group & we're both, go figure? Then the their's the younger GO Fast crowd that I seem to understand well, as many pass me. Ok I'm still pretty good at the lights. If I lived in the future I'd be drivin' a V-8 assisted electric bar of soap, form follows function. If ya can't drive it & generate "G" force it's Art? Hammer Down, Ole' Bob.
Ps: Note picture 0515, nose is UP with brakes lights still on, I guess I'm faster with right foot than my left!

Attachments

• IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 292

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I feel for ya, brother. It's a way cool machine, but will take just the right buyer. I don't know what your exact situation is, but drive that b*tch. My best advice would be to get some nice "for sale" stickers made up for the windows, and hit every event you can. It might just go for the right price at the local Cars 'n Coffee....

• Friendly
  • Agree

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Mr Fleming, Super Bon, Clutch & all; I met Mr Super Bon last night & WoW he's running a Super fine SS. And his navigator gave me a flash back to when I was a little kid playing in the dirt pile, I was smilin'. Yes Fleming I did drive the Bronze Brick last night & every time I do I'm less likely to lower the price! Now it's dirty, so I guess I'll get some more arm exercise. But I Have to down size, when is the question. The for sale sign I have in the window is not necessarily "nice" but I did notice it's made in the USA. Old like the owner! And the son -in law just gave me a 79 Malibu front header with grill & headlight trim. Like I needed more spare parts? Take car, Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 1 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings guys; Well got back from out West last evening. Only met a couple of CN (Car Nuts), made me wonder how many of us will exist in 50 years?? And only one person knew what I was driving (The GuTOo). And two others from Australia didn't initially recognize it?? I did manage around 22 MPG for the trip & MUCH of it was at 80 MPH & above. I did get passed by two plastic cars & popped it up to 100 for a while but they must of been doing about 110 or 120 as they pulled away. I was gonna pace them about 100 or 200 yards back but a hundred wasn't enough!
Anyway feel free to comment on this idea, I'm planing on pulling off my price on the for sale posts & just asking for offers? Make me an offer you can afford & if I like what your sayin' & your offer is any where near how I feel that day you could be the new Care Taker. I really just want this automobile to go to a good home, someone that will drive the hell out of it & the KEY "maintain it for another Care Taker in their future?? Does that person exist?? I'll be 72 in a couple of days & as of August 1st I've had the car 39 years. I don't know how soon I'll post this crazy idea, a couple of hours, a few days? My mind bounces back & forth like a bing bong ball. Take care & thanks for being my distant friends, Ole' Bob.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Well today is 39 years I've owned this unusual automobile! What a trip, from other cars slowing down for me as they thought I was a cop. To no one noticing it, late 80's & 90's to now nearly everyone turning their heads to see what's making all the noise coming from that old square car. I may take it to town today for some gas if I feel good enough. I caught a bug out West that has slowed me down a bunch. Lungs, sinus & now both eyes are red (pink eye?). Don't even have the energy to wipe the dust off it. Had a few inquires, like do I still have it, is it still available then nothing? Anyway I'm seriously considering selling off some of the spare parts that didn't come with-on the car. A custom 3 layer car cover that I've used 3 or 4 times & when I did I put a cheap cover over it to keep it clean, nuts I know. The under drive pulleys I've mentioned before & a 3.08 ring & pinion for a 8.5 that's in very nice condition. Oh my OE Axial (did I get that right?) AC compressor with new front seal put away 20 years ago? And just acquired a 79 front header with grill, head - single - side marker lights & trim in good condition. But I really want a new Care Taker & my preference would be someone from this "G" body family. Give me a call if ya have any interest 608 752-5925.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Well Clutch this could be the future??
Drive the brick sell the goat with the burnt paw
Anyway the fella that I had been corresponding with did finely got over here last week. I took him for a warm up drive then put him in the drivers seat. We spun the tires & bussed it to 6500 a few times. He has a 383 (500-505?) Chevy II (Nova) that I'm pretty sure isn't as quick as the Bronze Brick? And the Global West - Tommy Lee front end on the Bronze Brick steers a 100 times better (his words). But of course it came down to money as he just didn't want to spend $20,000 ++ on an old car! I did lower the price some to $21,000 as we looked at my Excel inventory sheets. And to my surprise I only have $41,800 ++ in it! I had remembered wrong & thought I had $45,000 in it? Anyway this winter I'm putting my Momo steering wheel back on as I just don't like that big OE Chevy one. I'm feelin' well again 99.98% good. So if I don't sell it by 2021 the Lion with the burnt paw ( GuTOo with the Native American name) - Holden Monro will be on the block, MAYBE! Two more bucket trips & I'll be 75 by then. Take care, Bob Jr.
Ps: I'm "Robert Holden Jr" on FB now but barely know how to work it?? Haven't posted much but the Bronze Brick is in "market place" I think if I pressed the correct buttons??

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor