The Bronze Brick a Very Unusual 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guy; Well it's up on jack stands sleeping under three blankets. Been busy helping my buddies wife. When he passed (mid August) he left a mess (paper work, taxes) as his mind had gone first. And she being older they didn't plan for him to go first. In other words NO plan. I sold his car, guns & a bunch of other stuff for her to raise cash. And still got two dodge vans to help her sell. Then I suppose the house. And by the time I get done helping her I'll be considering down sizing myself. Another good buddy mentioned that the Bronze Brick will need paint to help sell it? Won't happen. I did get quite a few asking if it is still available, then nothing! It looks like 1/2 price is too high. Feel free to offer suggestions. The fella that did come over may still be a buyer next year?? I made him an offer, $12,000.00 mandatory for the spare parts, no tax on used parts. And $8,000.00 for the car & that would save $500- $600 in tax. And I'll extend that offer to all of my G body family. The rest of my time has been dealing with the GuTOo. After hitting that damn bird last summer getting a new nose has been a challenge. The GM body shop got two new bumper covers from the distribution center, both looked like junk. So I got a new one coming from Australia, seen pictures of it & it looks perfect. I'll have a Holden nose, a dream of 12 years coming true. With a name like mine I should have a Holden nose. So the only GTO markings left will be the rotors, seats (I have plain gray cotton covers), air bag (steering wheel) & fender badges. Easily replaced with Holden din side marker lights? More than likely in my future. If I keep it long enough (12 years now) it will have no Pontiac - GTO badging. Another 12 years I'll be 84! Can ya see it a 84 year old hot rod guy drivin' a Holden Monaro that runs 12's, if I live so long? Take care, Ole' Bob.
Ps: last picture with Native American nose (bumper)

Attachments

• IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 264
Reactions: 1 user

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Happy new year & may the goddess of Speed be with you in this coming year. Well I re posted The Bronze Brick over on FB market place, Janesville. if any are interested. Still waiting for Holden bumper cover to arrive for the GuTOo. It was held up in customs for a bit, they may of been looking for kangaroos? Think spring, Ole' Bob.
Ps: Sometime in the future I'll be selling the cracked named after a Native American (Pontiac) bumper cover, the Race Mesh grills & a brand new Marve Man carbon & aluminum badge.

Attachments

• IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 273
Reactions: 1 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Tough winter, 1986 (?) was the last time it was this cold. Luckily I'm not pressed for time on any project in the garage as just keeping it at 50* is expensive! My Holden bumper cover - grills & lights finely arrived from the land of OZ. If ya ever need Holden parts from Australia, just ask & I'll give ya his name - contact info. Ah the amazing Bronze Brick, still sleeping under 3 blankets. And brain struggling with possibly that some one might buy it? Did get one call from Seattle, but not a second. Good thing that it's been so cold as if it was warmer I'd probability have my Momo steering wheel back on it. If that happens & I drive it, who knows I may forget to renew my FS post?? Back to the GuTOo, badge, clear side marker lights & bumper cover all sold, easy. Amazing how easy it was to sell those part & how hard it is to get stuff for it! I just seen the # of imports for 04 - 05 & 06, 40,700+. Then I gotta ask How many "2" door Malibu's were made? Does anyone know? I've asked myself more than once why do I like these odd GM low volume automobiles?? You guys got first shot at my Malibu car cover, as I'll soon post it on FB market place & maybe to Malibu racin". It's a Cover Craft Evolution 3 (?) I've used about 5 or 6 times. And when I did use it I put a cheep cover over it to keep it dust free. If anyone is interested give me a shout & I'll give ya more details. Car Nut, Bob.

Reactions: 2 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Good to hear from you. I always enjoy your updates. I keep buying lottery tickets and hopefully, some day in the future, you and I will be able to help each other out.
signed; Monte Carlo owner, closet Malibu fan...Ed

• Friendly

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Ed48 & all; JJ Best, collector car loans. I see it's been a month since I posted. Winter, snow, did mention cold? And helping my deceased buddies wife. I'm selling 2 high end custom bicycles for her from the late 80's. And I'll be also helping her sell two dodge vans (2003? & 2009?), both low miles. Now that I've put ya all to sleep back to FUN cars.
The Bronze Brick up date, it's on Face Book Market place & Craig's list Janesville, WI. I posted it for $20,000 even, including the truck load of spare parts & some tools. I'm also going to offer it to all at $8,000.00 to keep the tax down, but you will have to buy (MANDATORY) the spare parts for a "bit" over value $12,000.00. No tax on old used parts. If it doesn't sell, I'll have to suffer driving it another summer. The suffering will be within my tolerance range.
On to the GuTOo three weeks & counting until paint for the new nose. Gettin' antsy would be an understatement. Since it's so stealth, I'm swapping the silver hood scoops for black ones & putting a repaired Marv Man carbon rear defused on it. As we all personalize our automobiles I find it rewarding to have something exclusive no one else has. The down side is ya can't sellem', no one else has the same taste? Case in point The Bronze Brick, it's so unusual no one has come forward yet? But ya know if ya think about it, GM would-could of built this car had the parts budget allowed for the best aftermarket parts available to replace the mass produced least expensive parts possible? Oh & the EPA would have stopped changing the rules back in 69! Then this would of been the SS Hot Rod of the day? Think of a 370-360 HP 350 inch 1969 Lt-1 with better heads & an extra 56 cubes! Please spread the word, Thanks, Ole' Bob

Attachments

• III_406_05 wRockers.JPG
    III_406_05 wRockers.JPG
    351.5 KB · Views: 293

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Good Day Guys; I had a call this morning from a fella (mid 50's) that was interested. But I believe it was the son that was interested? Anyway the OE engine, bumpers & price where the main questions. So as I'm tryin' to explain "Why Modified Front End Geometry is Needed" lookin' for this post - thread, I can't find it of course! So I'm postin' a path to my post as most of the time I can find it (this).

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/before-and-after-front-end-geometry-explained.70367/

So anyway I want to THANK:
Macguyver
SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE

For this "Excellent" write up, Ole' Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 248
  • FS8_Fr Sup 140.JPG
    FS8_Fr Sup 140.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 240
  • FS9_R Sup 047.JPG
    FS9_R Sup 047.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 275
  • FS10_Rear Bot Ext 102.JPG
    FS10_Rear Bot Ext 102.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 281

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Again I would like to Thank macguyver & South Side Machine for posting the excellent explanation of WHY! The Bronze Brick is still up on stands. A week ago Saturday we had 4 to 8 inches of snow depending how ya measure & melted the next day. Long story (of course) the fella that came over last year is an unlikely buyer at this point, One of the fellas that has been following my quest to find a new owner for at least 5 years called again, we had a great conversation. Then week before last a fella on face book seemed quite interested? So their is interest. I wonder how long it will stay on the stands? I've been helping my deceased friend's wife for the last nine months. I've sold his car, guns, stuff & this past Saturday their bikes (Hi end Trek's). So the fella that buys the bikes arrives in a brand new (Friday) Tesla model 3 (the cheep one only $59,000+). I ask if I can take a few pictures & he says ya want to drive it. Needless to say "YES". He put 75 miles on it the first day & it took $2.05 to fully recharge it, Wow. Super Low center of gravity, so it feels like you're glued to the road, Awesome. Zippy yes, This is the least powerful one produced (?) but he had an up grade that placed it in pack (Tesla line up). Seemed like a 13 flat to me, maybe High 12's?. And smooth & silent is an understatement, just tire & wind (little) noise. Loved the steering wheel, didn't care for the dash, nothing but a screen in the center. I think it should have dual screens & or projection in front of the driver. I'll post some pictures later. And the big deal is I got the GuTOo done (wrong word) temperately finished (hot rods are never done), home back in one piece. Ya don't have to ask is it exclusive? one of the few in Wisconsin for sure. So now we (GBody guys) have two of these unusual automobiles among us. Thanks for the great conversations, Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Well here are the pictures I promised. After driving this one day old No piston - engine car, on the way home the new owner got rear ended! I told him that's why I don't carry a gun. He wasn't really a car guy as he responded, " it's just a bumper cover, no big deal". Different people different responses! I get mad just writing about car damage. Anyway I got the Bronze Brick back on the ground & it's breathing fire again. With my steering wheel back on. So far I haven't driven it out of the yard YET! Was cleaning out garage yesterday & of course putting more stuff back in. I came across some brand new in the box interior pieces. Both interior "A" pillars, blue & passenger "B" pillar also blue. One used driver side "B" pillar, black in fair condition. So I should sell them, what are they worth, any offers? I hope to get pictures later this week into the computer so I can post them.
I have just recently contacted the four most interested in buying the Bronze Brick. Asked them to make me a counter offer to my asking price of $20,000 as I think they may still be interested. I say that because the two oldest (4-5 years ago) contacts both had just recently contacted me. We have become long distance friends. If I have to continue being the owner, very possible a trip to the drag strip this summer. As I still would like to best my 12.47 through the mufflers with another run with open headers! Maybe I could beat my L-78 Camaro's best of 12.39 from 1970?? Help me fine a buyer, August 1st will be 40 years & I'd like a new Care Taker by then. Ole' Bob.
Ps: I just noticed the contrast of the pictures I just posted!

Attachments

• IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 315
  • 1968 Camaro lr.jpg
    1968 Camaro lr.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 251

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Well I'm back on the roads as I put nearly 100 miles on it last week. Took off the A/C belt in preparation of me driving, but haven't buzzed it past 5000 YET! So I got pictures of the interior "A & B" pillars. I found in my spare parts. Plan to post them up soon in the for sale area here, FB market place, Malibu Racin' & maybe Craig's List. I thought I had sold them by mentioning them on FB Malibu Racin', 4 guys wanted them. I asked for offers so potential buyer could set their own price. Got offers then they all backed out?? Strange, maybe no Pay Pal killed the deals? Anyway here are the pictures, if your interested give me a holler. Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 275
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor