The Bronze Brick a Very Unusual 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Bob I agree with Jared you're not that old. I know it would be hard for me to sell my Malibu we have been together a lot of years and I know every nut and bolt wire and flaw in her. When I'm in the garage working on her its very relaxing and my troubles seem to melt away. I know the decision is up to you but once the Brick is gone its gone. You're Friend Tom :cool:

Reactions: 1 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Good Morning guys, Fleming,Turbo, Jared, Clutch, Tom & all; Thank you for the kind words. The roads are almost clean enough to take it out. Last night I finished washing the road grime off the Global West arms & I also wiped down the exhaust system. Up & down off the floor a bunch of times & the ole' body isn't complaining much today, good exercise. But I'm going to take it a little slower today. Still have some oil stains on the exhaust system from the new last year's leaky valve cover gasket. So I'll have to get back under their with some Scotch Bright in the next few days. Hope to have it back on the ground this week end? So ya know when I drive it, I'll be in love again! As those two little guys ya can't see on your shoulders battle it out. One says keep it the other says sell it. 9 years ago when I was forced into retirement I started the selling process & I've happily been a failure at it. As we get closer to the 29th I could get cold feet, who knows?? And to answer the question about the money is long & complex answer. I live mostly on my SS check as my IRA's were devastated in 2001 & again in 2008-09. So I have few extra bucks to do anything, like go to events. Ya I've been to Car Craft Nat's 3 times & Power Tour 4 times (just a day or two), but they were in my back yard, didn't spend a bunch. The real problem is space in the future as the day will come to move & I'll lose my 3 car garage! If I could have a wish, one of you guys would buy it & I could help you personalize it to your taste. Meet ya & help load ALL the extra stuff & just be friends. Take care Ole' Bob.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 3 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
I felt the same sadness as you when I sold my first new car, 1975 VW Scirocco, in 2005. The sadness was tempered by the fact the replacement was a 95 VW Golf GTI and again in 2016 when the GTI left, only to be replaced by the MCSS.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Well here's the post I don't want to face. We're moving up the big day, tomorrow it will be. So today is your last chance to buy this at person to person discount? From what I guess GateWay will ask North of $25,000 for it. Anyway drove it to the front end shop & had the tie rods adjusted to compensate for the out of center Momo steering wheel adapter. All the steering wheel, column, shaft & box Aline up just as GM interned now. Sure seems weird, thin & a extra 1-1/2 of diameter Big wheel, but their is a Chevy emblem now. I just wonder after it's gone (?) what will become of all the GM parts I took off this Bronze Brick? Then their are extra parts & tools that I have to support it also, smaller stuff. A lot of big heavy stuff, hood, bumpers, A arms, rotors, drums, drive shaft, intake, carb & on & on as the parts get smaller! My hobby shop is going to have space? So if ya happen to be in Kenosha Wisconsin after the 29th stop at GateWay & see if ya can get a test drive. Just keep it under 6800. Some pictures from last week. Take care, Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 349
Reactions: 2 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
And a few more pictures. Divert your eyes if I have posted too Many! Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 320

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I hope someone appreciates all the attention to detail. None of my cars are half that nice.

• Agree
  • Friendly

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I hope someone appreciates all the attention to detail. None of my cars are half that nice.

I was thinking something similar. I love how that exhaust looks. If I remember correctly it's all stainless. The Brick is a very clean car with a lot of work and modifications over the years. It's a 30+ year old, single owner car that has been taken really good care of. It should be a dream buy for someone.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: 4 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Clutch, Opei & all; Well the Bronze Brick is in Kenosha @ Gate Way. Anyway that's the farthest away it's been from me in 39 years, a little Sad. So it will be their 90 days for $225 winter (sorry about the bad word) rate. So if it don't sell for my price I'll get it back?? Or re-new for summer rate & lower price??? But they seemed to think that it may of been the last time I'd see it. Then the issue of ALL the spare parts OE & after market. You all are aware that they reproduce-multiply in the dark areas of the garage? So when it sells (?) the GuTOo will no longer just be my ole' work car! It will retain it's newer primary mission of being my Grand Touring Automobile. But I may do some more enhancement, Body willing?? Manly it needs MORE Torque in the mid range.
Yes Opie the exhaust is all 304 SS, hangers, clamps, mufflers, tubes but the fasteners are 316(?) SS. And was built by artiest of a welder that I like to consider one of my friends. Part of the reason that I spent all that money on the exhaust system was to add visual value. I wish timing would of been a little different as I didn't get to take it to the drag strip with that system on. If ya go back & look at it we made it with that removable section (header flange to SS flex) so it was easy to open the headers. Yet have the rest of the system ridge mounted as I had dreamed of going to the road course. Some of ya may remember that I did get to Auto X it with open headers @ Car Craft Nat's (2016). It's nasty loud, 10.2 compression & some cam on mid length Hookers. I'm sure it is the mid length headers the contribute that SWEEeet sound ( OK Nasty). Yesterday in their huge bay show room (100+ cars & room for more), I was at one end & the Bronze Brick at the other (couldn't see it). The proprietor fires it up inside & cracks the throttle some & I said to my buddy & the sales rep "is that my car he just fired up"? Ya it is, I had never heard it in a space like that before! Lets face it, usually at 3000 RPM & above I would be in the drivers seat, new perspective! Oh I did learn that it's NOT easy to get a demo ride at Gate Way, company policy. And I still don't know what they will be asking & they didn't know yesterday either. They told me today will be picture, video & pricing. Look for it on their site tomorrow or Monday? Take care, Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor