The Bronze Brick a Very Unusual 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys: By my math, my 90 days are up the 27th of June, two weeks. So making space is a priority as unused space fill SsOoo Fast. I'm gettin' anxious I miss that Instance throttle response & sound a BUNCH. So it looks like Byron (drag way) is strong maybe? And re post it for sale somewhere, any suggestions? Craig's List, but where else? I had written a for sale add for my good buddies 03 Z06 that Gate Way didn't really even want. Bang, second or third day it was sold! But then a G car is along way from a ZO06. Little contact with Gate Way, I don't think they like me much? So it seems that the car has Little interest at their price or even my past prices? Did any of you guys note the silver one next to the Bronze Brick for a mere $63,000.00 on page 21 (now)? That makes the price they put on mine seen like a bargain??? Just dreamin' out loud, I'd like nothing better than go head to head with the $63,000 Show car. Drag strip, I would except to get beat (but look at rear tires), 300 mile road ride (hot day) & a Auto-X event! I wonder how the parallel 4 link will do on the Auto-X? And the light drag style front A arms on real roads? Then ask what is the better car? Subjective of course. Just me BSin' Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 2 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Ok everything is back in order. The little ripple in the Force is smooth again, the Bronze Brick is home back in my hobby shop! Just in case your curious if I was to rate Gate Way on a 1 (bad) to 10 (excellent) scale a 2-1/2 or 3. Not the experience I was excepting & their mark up "Unbelievable" but true just shy of $7,000.00! So I drove the 70 miles home in 92 degree temps & actually used the AC. I worked, but not to modern standards. I think it was 7 or 8 years ago I put a small one # can of freon in. It could very well use another & I have one? And the only thing that hasn't been working is the damn fuel gauge, well it started working again! So right now everything works as designed or intended! Buy it soon for a mirror $22,500 negotiable of course. I will include all the OE stuff & much of the after market support stuff with that price. So today I will be writing a new for sale post & hope to have it posted to a few places by tomorrow. You guys have from a few hours to a day or two head start. One more month & two days it will be 39 years I've owned this automobile, Ole Bob

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Just want to say hi & Thank Blake & or the other mods for this Excellent site. My only constructive criticism is that new post in the for sale area don't show up in my "Latest Replies Home page"? That's one of the reasons I started this thread awhile back. Anyway I joined FB, what a conglomerate mess, I'm new (I'm old) to it (fb) so I don't like it. Hard to teach an ole' brain new tricks. So today I'm going to post to our "G" body for sale page for a change?? Anyway if ya got the time I would like your opinions on my price? Ok maybe not but please post anyway. And from both perspectives please. Perspective #1 your the owner, 39 years have $45,000.00 dollars setting on these 4 tires? What would you ask?? Perspective #2, your a potential buyer & you want to buy it , "What would you pay"?? If it stays here much longer I'll put my Momo steering wheel back on find the drag strip & locale (YES I found a group) Auto-X course. Finish off the back tries. Thanks guys, Ole' Bob.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Money put in over the years doesn't matter, 50% on it's value unless you find the perfect match to you. I'd say the color is hurting resale but it should be a sale between 18-20K for the right buyer, no buyer will ever love it the way you do or have that emotional connection.

Put your steering wheel on and drive it just like cars are supposed to be driven and forget about the money.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Keep it!!!!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Bob,
You'll never ever be able to replace it. It is a one of a kind.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Good Morning Guys; "try to wipe the grin off", Un-likely. "unless you find the perfect match to you", Un-likely. "It is a one of a kind" You may be correct? "wot", Oh ya, I love it! But none the less one of these two cars has to go in the next (use you own time period)? And my good buddy keeps asking witch one will I sell??? But long range as I keep getting older for some reason(?) I thought the GuTOo would be more user friendly?? Did I ever tell ya the story about the Holden's? My 17th cousins back in 1539 were bad & sent to the penal colony down under (Australia), us good Holden's illegally migrated (no green cards) to the Kings colonies (their were only 13 then)! So they made some cool cars, I felt that I should support the family & buy one. And if ya ever noticed the Holden emblem-badge a lion with it's paw on the sun. Well I'm a Leo (lion) & my initials RAH, the sun god RA, how could I not own one?? Oh I forgot to warn ya put on some boots, Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• 16-09_GTO_859.JPG
    16-09_GTO_859.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 284
Reactions: 3 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Bob, saw the brick at taps and tires last Tuesday. It’s a good looking and good sounding ride. Unfortunately you can never sell projects for what you have invested (don’t ask me how I know) so my vote is keep it. I was a little disappointed though to not hear it wot as you left town;)

Good turnout and lots of quality g body representation this last week - I brought down my non-g purple people eater.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor