The Bronze Brick a Very Unusual 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings 84Drag & all; Consider looking at the Chicago Holden Connection on both FB & the forum on the ole' internet. Also LS1 GTO.com & Holden's of North America. On & on they're out their. If ya get time to look at the CHC, I'm also vanrah there & on all the forums. You will then find my last name & ALL will make Sense. And I should mention Unusual & Unique, I seem to be attracted to low volume GM FUN - Halo cars. Back before I got tired, I mean re tired because I get tired every day! I wanted Stealth too as I seem to always have speedometer trouble, as it doesn't always correspond with the signs by the side of the road. Or maybe the sign was mis placed?? Now days I would even consider a RED car, since 10% of the drivers aren't looking where they are going! Oh I got off subject. Senior moment, Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• 08-05_GTO 05 H r-dash.jpg
    08-05_GTO 05 H r-dash.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 20151222_153522.jpg
    20151222_153522.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 287
  • 1963 Vette interior.jpg
    1963 Vette interior.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 1968 Camaro lr.jpg
    1968 Camaro lr.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 305
  • 1975 Monza.jpg
    1975 Monza.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Wow time is speeding by at 28,000 MPH? Well I contacted the 4 most interested guys since I've been trying to sell this "Bronze Brick". It was a little over ten years ago that I knew I couldn't afford it any longer & started my sell mentality. And some how I managed to finish the Global West front end, Big bucks. Get the steering box & pump blue printed (I hate that phrase) by Tommy Lee. Re-Fresh the upper end, had a cracked lifter, couldn't see it with the naked eye. That included springs, as it has taken me 50+ years to figure out they only last 12,000 miles if I'm driving! New Guide seals of course. Retainers the new (2014) ultra thin tool steel light weight little devils. I weighed them compared to my very used Titanium retainers (for sale cheap- good spares). Hardened lash caps. And the sweet Comp Cams Rockers. So 5 - 6 years later & 3000 miles I'm checking the valves again, since I haven't had the covers off for a couple of years. Forced by cheap valve cover gaskets, tried rubber (made in China), they are in the trash. $50 dollars later I'm back to Fel- Pro only this time silicone. Anyway the upper valve train looks to be in fantastic condition, good for another 10,000 to 15,000 miles.
So here is the game changer, I hate f____ng computers & all their related switches , sensors & wires. Sign that I'm from the past & I alway wondered way the old guys liked flat heads! My beloved Holden GuTOo has went into safe mode, my ole' bicycle is faster now. Yes it through's a code & of course ya need a code reader! My gas pedal switch has un balanced voltage! Must be the owner's un balanced brain that transfered down my leg to the switch?? Of course out of production. Renders the car nearly useless. OK very nice art, Ole' Bob.
Ps: Maybe I should consider keeping the Bronze Brick & selling the GuTOo???? The goddess of Speed seems to be telling me something?

Attachments

• 13_1830.JPG
    13_1830.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 284
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Maybe I should consider keeping the Bronze Brick & selling the GuTOo???? The goddess of Speed seems to be telling me something?

I'm asking why sell any of it? If the 'Goddess of Speed' is telling you something that includes 'you need to sell something', then I'll say she's a sister to all of the other 'Goddesses' out there, i.e. such as my local Goddess (my wife). Personally, I've never met a Goddess that feels the same as I do about :

Bob - I love your posts - don't sell a thing!!!! Best of luck - Jim

• Love
  • Friendly

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Good Morning Guys; Jim, Clutch you have a great perspective! Well today 40 years ago I took deliverer of this unusual automobile. I just wish it had SS badges, think what it would be worth?? Of course I would of removed them on day one, as I usually hate badges. Attached is a picture of my L-78 Camaro SS on day two, note grill badge is gone! Well I didn't drive the Bronze Brick far that first day as I went from the dealer ship straight to Ziebart. So it was the 2nd of August that I finely got to drive it after that 5 month wait, ordered March 3rd. Back then it seemed like for ever as the seats & steering wheel had arrived before the car! Oh & leave it stock?? What do you guys think, a day, a week, certainly not a whole month. I do see that the Malibu badge is still on the rear flank in this early picture, they now reside in my spare parts drawer. I really thought that someone would take over this Care Taker job by now, but of course it doesn't pay. I'ts a job that requires the Care Taker to pay & that's not how most jobs work out. Anyway now that the GuTOo is just garage art I won't be as easily bartered down on my asking price. I may if fact raise my price??? And yes I've been drivin' it, Good god it's a Bunch of FUN!
Thank you all for reading my crazy posts, I hope I've entertained ya some, gave ya a laugh & possibly some info that was useful. Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• 1968 2nd day Camaro .jpg
    1968 2nd day Camaro .jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 288
  • 1979a_Malibu.jpg
    1979a_Malibu.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 319

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Today seems to remind some of us that summer is winding down. I had hoped to sell this by now & had backed off aggressive advertising since mid summer as a fella said he wanted it. But he has either changed his mind or has been playing with me?? Since I've asked him to call more than once. No call my patience is running out with him. Anyway if you're interested in owning this automobile send me a message. But keep in mind that setting on the four tires is $43,000 of car & parts. It has Lots life & is still ready to buzz to 6500 RPM at your discretion. It's not a drag car but will run 12.5 all day through the mufflers. The only thing I would add is a Gear Vendors OD unit making the TH-350 into a 6 speed auto. And with the governor adjusted to shift at 6500 you would turn the OD unit on at 6200 & off again as the governor shifts at 6500 making it a 6 speed! OK maybe new wheels, Global West recommended 18" in front. And from my experience I would do 17's in the rear, more side wall BETTER Traction. Normal Street tires are useless on this as you will be spinning them at 50 MPH on the one two shift. I got tired of side ways at 50 so I went with MT's. Even I don't know what I'll sell it for?? But ya have to pass the Care Taker test, Ole' Bob.
This is the post I put on FB today! It's time to let it go. I know that a few of you guys have been interested in the past. Don't be shy or in barest about a low offer, muster what you can & make me an offer. worst case I say no thank you. You'll only be out some time & have to listen to my BS?? I would prefer to pass it onto someone here as I know most of us are true car guys & will be less likely to destroy a rare & unusual automobile?? So muster all the cash ya can & make me an offer, Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Good luck with the sale of that beautiful car of yours Bob! Shes a beauty!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor