The Bronze Brick a Very Unusual 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Blk7, Steve, 84 DC & all; Thank your for the nice words. Well I Finley talked with the fellow that's been interested since May(?), I called him as he posted his P# on FB. I opened with "will I need boots for this conversation", I either said it too fast or his brain didn't seem to resister what I said. Then I came with, my wife & friends say "you're pulling my chain & I got lots of chain". He did hear that, as I got a response! Anyway we had a fine conversation & he convinced me that he truly does want the car? No deposit, need I say more. But in his defense he has had 2 surgery's through the throat working on his spine in the last few weeks, sold his business (fancy trailers). Started a new business (he won't have to bend over & weld) & advertised for a good all around mechanic that can weld as he wants to start a Hot Rod shop? So in 3 weeks if he hasn't picked it up & will be tentatively seeing him in Atlanta after I join the "Holden's Slay the Dragon" the 19th. He wants to buy me lunch & maybe follow me home???? One thing I've learned in this 73 year run, ya can Never tell the future! So I cleaned it up (dusty with rubber spatters), haven't driven it in a month. Gittin' the itch, a week from Sunday last car show, maybe I should spatter some more rubber on the rear quarters, Ole' Bob.
Ps: I just had to bore ya with some more pictures, Hope ya like them.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 328
  • IMG_6269 (2).jpg
    IMG_6269 (2).jpg
    556 KB · Views: 324
Reactions: 1 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Well I found a new Care Taker, yes it's sold! A wonderful person has taken over the job of Enjoying & preserving this unusual automobile. What a story, yes he is the fella that had contacted me back in May. I took the GuTOo on my second to last bucket trip to "Slay The Dragon" and after arriving from the North (yes I got to run the Dragon) at 89% (my limit) ! The next morning the throttle position switch (embedded in the throttle body) decided that I had worked it too hard. I was in safe mode (15 MPH). After meeting so many helpful people that reset my computer I limped it to North Atlanta (my cousin's place). Put the word out that I needed a Throttle body & call to the fella interested in the Bronze Brick. Well talk about Southern hospitality (in Aces). Not only did he feed me & take me into his home (my cousin is included), but spent 5 hours trying to find a Ls2 Throttle body, NO luck. So the evening I started contracting my new friends that I had just met on the Dragon. Well word of mouth found a Throttle body just a few miles South of Atlanta. That fella would Not take any money & Over night shipped it. Well it didn't arrive, UPS sent it back to Southern Georgia. So at that point the new Care Taker picked me up with his trailer, we made a deal & his Right hand man trailer-ed me back to Wisconsin. Returning with the Bronze Brick. My missing throttle body did show up at my cousin's place & she is sending it on today. So the GuTOo is garage art again. And what could of been a bad trip ended with many new Wonderful friends. Many Thank Yous to everyone, Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 332
Reactions: 1 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Wow, I'm happy and sad for you , all in one sentence. I'm glad it found a good home.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Ed1948 & all; Sorry I haven't posted in a while, focus has been sourcing parts to get the GuTOo running dependably (??). I sell a fun easy to work on dependable Hot Rod & keep the modern UN dependable one, Nuts?? And YES I had more than one fellow say sell the GuTOo & keep the Bronze Brick! Ah my (?) beloved Bronze Brick as we close in on finishing the deal, the new owner gets 98% of the parts. So the only thing I have left at this point is the OE "Y" pipe & it's in very nice condition. We did forget to pack some other things but I intend send them to him. So if any of ya are going from Wisconsin & can take a box or two to Atlanta please contact me. Now the new owner, who I hope will reveal himself to ya soon (?) asked me if I would help sell some of the parts. First up are the seats (Recaro's) soft tan leather & the 10 spoke Western 15 x 7 wheels. My reply was when the deal in complete (soon). But the spare OE parts we haven't discussed yet (bumpers, air cleaner dual horn-chromed, intake carb, on & on). I'll keep ya all informed as things progress, Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    918.2 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: 1 user

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Bob, we're glad you're keeping sane throughout this ordeal.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Hey Ed "sane" that's debatable?? I see that one of your neighbors left the freezer door open again?? Ya all know most of us here have the Affliction, I can't leave it stock! So I should start a new thread, what should I name it? Ole' Bob.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings guys; I haven't posted here for a while. Been nearly a year gone now! But the new Care taker is havin' FUN. I'm sorry for my poor computer skills as I don't know how to re-post his video's. But the new Care Taker & his good buddy took The Bronze Brick to the the drag strip yesterday (1/8th mile) & laid some rubber. For any of you guys that are better with tech you can fine his post on FB, Chris Pease. He is the good buddy of the new Care Taker & got to do the drivin'. It went 7.98 with tall slicks. Since it was 1/8th mile I have no reference. I hope all is well with ya all. I stop by daily & read, Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 4 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Should w
Greetings guys; I haven't posted here for a while. Been nearly a year gone now! But the new Care taker is havin' FUN. I'm sorry for my poor computer skills as I don't know how to re-post his video's. But the new Care Taker & his good buddy took The Bronze Brick to the the drag strip yesterday (1/8th mile) & laid some rubber. For any of you guys that are better with tech you can fine his post on FB, Chris Pease. He is the good buddy of the new Care Taker & got to do the drivin'. It went 7.98 with tall slicks. Since it was 1/8th mile I have no reference. I hope all is well with ya all. I stop by daily & read, Ole' Bob.
Should work out to mid 12’s.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; For me a Very Sad day, couldn't sleep last night. I'm tired & angry. At myself as I picked the wrong buyer, One year & its being cannibalized! The new owner (I'll no longer call him a Care Taker) I had thought was in it for the fact that it is the only 2 door 9C1 that had 98% of the OE brackets & sheet metal. Meaning I thought he was going leave the 9C1 identity with a SB, Wrong he just wanted a nice roller. It'll be interesting to see if it comes back as a better engineered-looking (subjective of course) Outomible? He gave away the original Th-350 trans that worked Flawlessly. Oh did I mention my Sweet Heart engine that took Twenty years to develop, build & refine to make mid range torque all day. He gave it to bunch of Clowns & they put it in a PO Brown soft Smelly Stuff mustang! $8000 worth of engine that they tried to destroy. Letting some Posterior Hole try & burn it down buzzing it to 7500 for what seemed like minutes. I'd like to do the same to his creation & see his reaction. The Clowns tried to turn it into a drag engine, I'm guessing that they cracked the decks? Making the block junk! All that machine work & de-burring making it easy to re-fresh down the road Gone. At least I got 15 years of Enjoyment out of it & 40 years out of the One Very Unusual Outomibile! I'm having a hard time putting words together for my posts over on FB. Oh I'll mention the clowns have a tv show on mt tv. I wonder if they personally own anything nice-clean-Unusual or ever built anything decent? What would The Bronze Brick be worth 20 more years in the future with a the period SB in it vs just another Malibu with a Ls or BB? Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• Auto-X 2016.jpg
    Auto-X 2016.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 136
  • III_406_05 Main Caps.JPG
    III_406_05 Main Caps.JPG
    309.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 1979 Malibu_1980.jpg
    1979 Malibu_1980.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 145
  • 1979a_Malibu.jpg
    1979a_Malibu.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 136
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
Damn that truly sucks what a kick in the b*lls, I felt the same way when my BM sold my 79 MC to some jack*as for 500$ and in 30 days put hydraulics on it then cracked the frame and scrapped it. It was no where near as nice as yours but it's bad when they mess up a perfectly good car for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor