motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I think he just does what he is told too. The drama seemed to be awful staged.

I get that from my wife a lot. Nothing but real drama in this "Mike's" garage.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I don't really know what to make of Finnegan. Sure seems to spend a LOT of somebody's money (HOW MANY ramp trucks?), and some things show up on his YT/shows once, then are never seen or spoken of again.

Great gig while it lasts, I guess.

So, if I understand this, they pulled the engine out of Bob's old car and raced it in something else?

Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I seen that last night. I seen the front of the car and said I know that car! I also thought it was disrespectful what they did. So they wiped a cam in a new engine with forged internals because they cranked on the starter to get oil pressure. They didn't even put oil on the valve train first. Did see how dry the engine was when they took it apart? Then the Bronze Brick rolled in. I was like awesome dump the Mustang and race the Brick. Nope, they literally ripped the engine out of the car to put in a pile of sh*t for there show. Then they used crappy timing control and sprayed the sh*t out of it. All I can say is I hope you got the kind of money you wanted out of it? If I was in a position to buy cars for my collection. I would have loved to have that one and left it the way it was.
Not sure why you would be pissed at the guys on the show, the owner of the car loaned them the engine. Looks like Bob sold the car long before the filming of that show. They also only pulled the engine. It’s not like they hacked the car to pieces.

Last edited:

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Not sure why you would be pissed at the guys on the show, the owner of the car loaned them the engine. Looks like Bob sold the car long before the filming of that show. They also only pulled the engine. It’s not like they hacked the car to pieces.
I never said I was pissed.

Z48LT1

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
I saw the show TurboZach referred to in comment 218 above and started a new thread in General Discussion Titled I saw the Bronze Brick on TV Just Now. I've followed Ole Bob's sad story for some years and welded my eyes to the tube the instant I recognized the distinct front end with the grille mounted driving lights and smoothie roll pan replacing the bumper. One of the mechanics made an off mic comment after they pulled the engine that the car was the cleanest project he'd ever worked on. No one on the show ever had a single negative word to say about Bob's work, I don't think they even took the heads off. The wiped cam that TZ speaks of relates to another motor that Finnegan and co. threw together for the story line out of a beat-to-hell core engine that failed right off the start. Had nothing to do with Bob's jewel except was the excuse for needing it for this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor