The Collection Grows: 1984 VW Scirocco Wolfsburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Just picked this sweet ride up. I've wanted one for a long time, and I found this 250 miles away for cheap. Drove home at ~75-95mph the entire way with no issues. 1.8 8V and what feels like a short ratio 5-speed, definitely non-overdrive and the rpm drop gear-to-gear is almost nothing. It's very fun to drive, loves to rev quickly and stay up top, it really comes alive around 4100. Handles pretty great, feels way faster than it is and it's very light on it's feet with only 90hp.
DSCN0953.JPG

DSCN0954.JPG

All great things must have their faults though. The paint is oxidized like a **** but I can definitely work with it. The Bosch K-Jetronic Mechanical injection needs a little attention, the belt drive setup is pretty wonky, and the speedometer is wildly optimistic. Should be a fun little project/daily driver

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
nice score! always liked the sirocco's, don't know why I never tried to get one..... may have to work on that.....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that is a nice find but it looks like you may have a parking issue.....:)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
A friend of mine had a Scirocco back in '80's. We put a GTI cam and headers in it. It used to rip, but he had nothing but bad luck with that car. The streets of NY were detrimental to any car. You couldn't keep anything nice, especially if it was parked on the street.
You just don't see those cars anymore.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
I owned a 75 Scirocco from 75 to 2004. Kept it mainly stock (looking) like all my cars including the present 2.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
that is a nice find but it looks like you may have a parking issue.....:)
I have actually alleviated that issue recently, my parents have the Flex, the P71, Roadmaster, and Astro van, and I'm down to the Olds, the Scirocco, and the Eagle wagon. Both bugs sold recently so it tightens everything up a bit. I guess you could say I'm an aspiring collector

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor