The GM HydraMatic TH350 Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbemedia

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 17, 2013
After dropping a rebuilt 307 5.0 in my cutlass, i finally put it on the road for test drive. The issue is trying to pickup speed and it feels like the transmission does not kick up, getting up to about 20mph its like it gave up. NOTE... the fluid level when hot is a little over full but that should not matter. shift link is intact plus transmission had no issue prior to engine swap (left it on car). But i did not fill the torque converter pre- install i filled he transmission with fluid and filled it that way. transmission is a The GM HydraMatic TH350 According to pan layout. Any knowledge of this anyone.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

lbemedia

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 17, 2013
it should be, if i remember right i only unbolted the transmission from the engine and pulled it out.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
lbemedia said:
it should be, if i remember right i only unbolted the transmission from the engine and pulled it out.
Yeah, but make sure that vacuum hose is connected. It should be connected from the intake manifold to the trans modulator.
It's a round pod on the side of the trans with a hose outlet.
http://www.summitracing.com/search?Sort ... Modulators

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

lbemedia

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 17, 2013
OK the line to the modulator is connected, i have a leak from the rear of the tranmission. could that have any ting to do with it? ill check today to see where the leak is coming from.

lbemedia

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 17, 2013
the leak is coming from the line that goes to the tail of the transmission its loose, but not the issue

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Are you saying that the vacuum line to the modulator is leaking oil? If so, that is definitely a problem. If you pull the hose off a modulator and see oil, it is no good and definitely will cause late or no up shifts.timo

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Is guess the modulator valve has went bad. About $12

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor