Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nice mirrors Donovan. You can't go wrong using Monte Carlo parts. Lol

Hahaha

Thanks Opie.
I'm pretty sure you got that backwards tho, you'd need to add some Cutlass parts to a Monte to class it up a bit, right? :D :p
LMAO

Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Hahaha

Thanks Opie.
I'm pretty sure you got that backwards tho, you'd need to add some Cutlass parts to a Monte to class it up a bit, right? :D :p
LMAO

This is from Wikipedia: The Chevrolet Monte Carlo is a two-door coupe manufactured and marketed by Chevrolet through seven generations and 1970 to 2007 model years. Chevrolet marketed the Monte Carlo as a personal luxury car.

See that last part? Personal Luxury Car. How are you gonna get any classier than that?? Lol. :p

Can't wait for the next update Donovan.

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This is from Wikipedia: The Chevrolet Monte Carlo is a two-door coupe manufactured and marketed by Chevrolet through seven generations and 1970 to 2007 model years. Chevrolet marketed the Monte Carlo as a personal luxury car.

See that last part? Personal Luxury Car. How are you gonna get any classier than that?? Lol. :p

Can't wait for the next update Donovan.

You got me on that one Opie!
I was gonna post some BS quote from the Internet stating how the Cutlass was more upscale than the Monte, but I couldn't find anything.
Lol
All I can do is counter with a definition of my own, this one from Wikipedia as well:

A juggernaut (UK i/ˈdʒʌɡərnɔːt/, US /-nɒt, -nɔːt/, jug-ər-not[1]), in current English usage, is a literal or metaphorical force regarded as mercilessly destructive and unstoppable.
:D:D:D

Next update on last Friday's delivery coming soon, but I'm kinda stalling on purpose, as the associated part that's needed to go with it is still not here yet.
Might post up pics of it anyways, but it won't be until Wednesday or so, got company coming tomorrow night for my B-day.

Stay tuned...
D.

Reactions: 1 users

LOCOGOMEZ

Greasemonkey
May 19, 2014
Southern IL
It has been awhile since I have seen this car/ write-up. I want you to work your "magic" on mine... :). That looks AWESOME!!!!!! I can just imagine how you work :wax:.. Keep up the great work Donovan.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It has been awhile since I have seen this car/ write-up. I want you to work your "magic" on mine... :). That looks AWESOME!!!!!! I can just imagine how you work :wax:.. Keep up the great work Donovan.

Wow, I'm a bit behind on updating the thread, I've been spending so much time on The Juggernaut's cancerous cousin!

I think the 'Naut has her nose a bit outta joint what with me spending all the time on the other one lately. I'm gonna have to make it up to her real soon.

Thanks for the props man, nice to hear from you, and glad to hear you got caught up on it again. There's probably been quite a bit of progress on it since you last checked in.

It's coming along nicely, the plan earlier this year was to continue working on it over the summer which I normally don't do. That all changed however, when I realized I had to address the rust issues on Olds Cool. Fear not however, I'll be back on it soon.

I've even acquired an elusive Grand Prix bar for it, one of the last chassis pieces I didn't yet have for it.

Many thanks to Jeff (81Regal) for helping make it happen!

IMG_2727.JPG

Thanks for the interest everyone!

Donovan

Reactions: 3 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Donovan,

It's been a long time... any updates? Anxious to see what you've been up to!

• Agree

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Donovan,

It's been a long time... any updates? Anxious to see what you've been up to!

I'm afraid there's been nothing done to The 'Naut since the last update man! It's currently languishing under a car cover in the shop.
:(

I've had my hands full with my other G body, a second '80 Cutlass Calais I've nicknamed "Project Olds Cool".
Feel free to read it's build thread from the beginning, but what I'm currently working on with that one starts here...

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/project-olds-cool-updated-9-6-17-filler-work-started.62181/page-8

...and has snowballed into a massive undertaking.

At this point in time, it's my #1 priority, and there may not even be any progress made on The Juggernaut at all this year.
It breaks my heart to say that, but I need to get at least one of these cars done and back on the road. Since Olds Cool is the closest to being a complete running, driving vehicle, it's the one I've gotta concentrate on for now.

Thanks for the interest in my pride and joy, and it's nice to hear from you again!

D.

Reactions: 4 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Understandable. Olds Cool has been a wealth of knowledge and entertainment all in itself. I think at this point we've moved past the car being the interest and more of what you're doing and what we can learn from that. Press forward and be happy. The next step is video you know. :D

Hutch

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Understandable. Olds Cool has been a wealth of knowledge and entertainment all in itself. I think at this point we've moved past the car being the interest and more of what you're doing and what we can learn from that. Press forward and be happy. The next step is video you know. :D

Hutch

Just as long as the car you're referring to as "past being the interest" is Olds Cool...
I'd hate to think the interest in The Juggernaut has waned so quickly already with all its custom touches!

I'll continue to update on Olds Cool as I feel the progress warrants, right now it's just more of the same: Sanding, sanding and more sanding!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Just as long as the car you're referring to as "past being the interest" is Olds Cool...
I'd hate to think the interest in The Juggernaut has waned so quickly already with all its custom touches!

I'll continue to update on Olds Cool as I feel the progress warrants, right now it's just more of the same: Sanding, sanding and more sanding!
I think it's safe to say the Juggernaut hasn't fallen away so to speak, that car is too badass to be voluntarily wiped from memory my friend!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor