BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Lol
More like 6 month dump. I’m currently tearing my hair out mired in AstroRoof issue BS. I know what the problem is, I just don’t know why or how to fix it just yet. I think the entire assembly is going to have to come out and go through it with a fine tooth comb on the stand.

The poor ole Juggernaut is still just sitting patiently waiting for Fall and my dumb *ss to get this figured out.
Details on the "as*hole" roof issues? Is it motor/movement related or alignment?

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Details on the "as*hole" roof issues? Is it motor/movement related or alignment?
Definitely alignment issues. The driver’s side track seems to be somewhere around 3/8” further forward than the passengers side, yet there’s no adjustment in where the tracks sit. They’re not movable front to rear from anything I can see.

The reason it’s an issue is because even with the driver’s side front roller stop adjusted all the way back, the driver’s side lifter link in the back is popping up and overextending before the passengers side has even fully popped up. This causes the drive cables to misalign and then the whole works binds up like mad.
The only way to fix it once that happens is to drop the drive motor and disengage it from the cables.

I’ve dropped the drive motor now more times than I care to mention, and have even tried slotting out the adjustment holes in the driver’s side stop to get more rearward movement in it, but it’s still not enough. It gets more complicated too, because the front stops are “ramps” too which is how the front lifts up into the opening.

It’s driving me nutz TBH, but I’ve gotta figure out why the driver’s side track is so much further forward than the other side. From what I can see, this has to be rectified before any of the adjustments will have the desired effect.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Hope you’re able to get the issue straightened out, Donovan, doesn’t sound like fun at all.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In six days, it’s coming…

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
In six days, it’s coming…

Slow to finish just like me.

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Haha
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor