BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

GXTPO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2016
Soften the outside point in the mirror to match the existing roof line....
from the angle you look at it most...
can't wait to see this car in person. Amazing!

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I don't blame you for doing this mod, it makes you wonder why GM didn't do the power mirrors in the 81 body redesign. The dual cable remote mirrors work like *ss on my 88 Cutlass, almost useless.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

slowcord

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 4, 2016
Los Angeles
Took 40 pages to catch up. All I can say is the level of detail on this build is astonishing.
Thanks for taking the time to update the thread!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Took 40 pages to catch up. All I can say is the level of detail on this build is astonishing.
Thanks for taking the time to update the thread!

Thanks very much for the kind comment!

This car is my pride and joy, we’ve been through many, many things together over the years. I enjoy putting the very best of my ability into it, and I’m glad others such as yourself are enjoying the process as well.
Glad to have you aboard.
:)

Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Loooong time, no posting on this thread.
😕

I’ve been doing some late summer/early fall cleaning and purging around the house and yard lately, and it was time to open up some room in the shed.
I’ve been hanging onto and storing a couple of old Malibu fenders (for their wheel opening flares) for when the time comes to graft them onto The Juggernaut but they were taking up a ton of space.

Since I’ve got to make a trip to the landfill later this week, I wanted to cut the flares out and get the rest of the fenders gone. Now I’ve got 5 flares cut out and ready for when I get back on the project, all are in good shape except for one that has some minor collision damage.

2AFD9ED0-72F5-4D81-A867-FA9AD82C762B.jpeg

3F729A6B-E460-41B3-9771-9C0C4FF91FD5.jpeg

I labeled them all as to what side they’re for as it’s still unknown as to how long it’ll be before I get back onto the car, and also because they’re not as easy to identify when they’re no longer part of a fender.

Other than that, there’s really nothing else to report on with the car, but I also wanted to bump this thread with a post so it didn’t get locked up due to inactivity.

Cheers,

D.

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Can't wait to see this modification.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Unfortunately it’s been way too long since I’ve done anything on this car, but this afternoon I got a picture sent to me by a buddy that took me back down memory lane.

This is of The Juggernaut, back before it was named as such, and after it was built the first time with the 455. I’m tearing it up at the dragstrip as I did many times before, I’m rolling out of the burnout box and getting ready to stage.

The camera angle the photo was taken from is kinda unique, it’s from the tower side where not many people were allowed to be. The car ran consistent 13.20’s at about 100 mph at 3500 ft above sea level, nothing spectacular by today’s standards, but fairly respectable for the time.

05F27CB0-846F-48C0-AB85-AE061D077027.jpeg

Reactions: 14 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I love it! What wheels were on it then?

Thanks Zach.
They were 15x8 Centerline AutoDrags. I had bought them off my dad’s abandoned ‘71 Chevelle project.

EDA0F1D8-E0DD-41D6-9E2A-5D2E8676043E.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor