BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Progress is good, tough jobs to keep tackling! 👍

Thanks Mike. Just trying to keep doing the best I can and persevere.

Good to see you back at it and it looks great 👍

Appreciate it Tony, thank you.

Lol. "Marginal Success"

I don't think that those words mean what you think they mean.

I know exactly what they mean, and I stand behind my comment. It was only marginally successful because although it aligns with the factory stamping, that’s about where the success ends. If it was truly successful then the transition from existing to new would be seamless.

"it's just a floor pan afterall"..😏

Are you mocking me??

5F648E15-32BB-4903-AECA-AD2ADCFD6A64.jpeg

It really is only just a floor pan, but that doesn’t mean I should half-@$$ it together and cut corners on it. I look at all work to be done on the car as an opportunity to learn more and always strive to get better, no matter if it’s visible or not.

I really can’t help it, it’s the perfectionist in me. For those that aren’t perfectionists, they really won’t ever understand.

Reactions: 9 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Driver’s side on deck, ready to roll. Literally.

Bead roll that is:

929A0053-AD33-4858-A215-95D3AC303319.jpeg

My dad usually comes down on Wednesday nights to have a coffee and visit, hopefully he does tomorrow night. Then I can get him to assist me with turning the bead roller wheel while I monitor the feed and the tracking.

I really need to upgrade this one to a motorized foot pedal unit, but $$$$.

1640935C-6C21-4B6C-809B-C2B8321182BE.jpeg

The car side has had the remainder of the old stuff cut out, and is prepped and ready to accept the new piece.

3FDCA38D-6456-4B72-96EB-91E4881BD0F8.jpeg

Kind of thin on content for tonight’s post, but it is what it is. There’s still been several hours of prep just to get to this point.

D.

Reactions: 19 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Look at you and your fine *ss Juggernaut! looks damn sexy!

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
When it keeps you from dragging your azz on the ground and from rocks getting shoved up your bunghole, you'll be thankful for it just being a floorpan after all. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Look at you and your fine *ss Juggernaut! looks damn sexy!

Thanks brother!

Boy that template took some thought, wow! It’s going to fit like a glove I’m sure. 👍

Yep, the template is so far the most ambitious piece I’ve attempted yet, so much going on in one piece. But the passenger’s side turned out good, so as long as I can duplicate the bends without screwing anything up, this side should turn out well too.

I kept and used the same cardboard template from the passenger’s side for the driver’s side, just flipped it over. It looks like everything should line up and work pretty well, I guess these cars are pretty symmetrical afterall. Always a gamble when things have been as heavily modified as this though, it’s a bit of a calculated risk.

When it keeps you from dragging your azz on the ground and from rocks getting shoved up your bunghole, you'll be thankful for it just being a floorpan after all. ;)

Rocks?? What are these rocks you speak of???
We going off roading?

Hopefully there won’t be anything bigger than a pebble I’ll be driving over, anything more and I might get high centered when it’s aired down!
😏

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Of all the nights for the old man to bail on me, it had to be tonight of course. But no worries, turns out the better half is pretty good at turning the wheel for me too.

B1A83BE8-77DB-4EF2-8973-6E5CFD36EA93.jpeg

So tomorrow night I’ll look at attempting to replicate the bends the same as the other side, and maybe even have the first test fit. I’d do it tonight, but unfortunately I have other commitments to attend to.
I’ll consider this as a win for tonight though.

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 18 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor