The kids are all right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I was needing some big plastic barrels to use for drywells. I saw some for free locally on Craigslist. A plumbing supply place was being cleaned out and they had plenty they wanted gone. When I went to load up they were those big blue 55 gallon jobs- just what I needed. I could fit three at a time into the Bonnewagon so I made five trips. Each and every trip the kids working there came out to compliment the G-body. Some didn't know what a manual shifter was. One guy said it was "Dope". I guess that's, good ? Anyway, it was cool that the young guys still appreciated our old cars.

Reactions: 16 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If you convinced one 'young guy' to dig in and learn something then your the winner for today!

Teaching someone how to 'rake' through a stick shift is noteworthy !!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
A few weeks ago I had my Grandson out to Jones Beach in the big empty parking lots to learn the stick. He did pretty well. He got from first to third but ran out of room for fourth. It only took about an hour for him to "get it". He had it easier than most because my overall ratio is 11.3 to 1. You can start off in second if you wanted. But, he liked it, and I will have him better at it soon.

Reactions: 6 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You need to teach him that the left pedal is there for getting going only, after that its all about throttle control and the 'rake'

;)

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
We have to teach the young minds of mush because if we don't.........

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I just like rowing. Control freak or something. I particularly like the corners when I can go from 5th to 3rd and gun it!

My daughter announced that she wants to learn to drive it for her 16th birthday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Won't matter soon.

General Millennial announced today no more gas powered cars to be sold by 2035... and I'm sure their crap offerings will be close to that for years leading up to the mark as well.

Then again, they haven't built much worth buying in almost 20 yrs already so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor