The Made in USA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things that I think will give companies in the US and Canada a boost is the junk that china has sent over here has been criticized by more and more people. The cost of production in china will increase with the quality control they have begun to improve. Also with the chinese financial picture not looking so good will further raise the prices on their goods. Since the consumer is largely to blame for the success china has had it is up to us to turn that tide around by paying for homegrown products even if it does cost us a little more cause on the other side of the coin the cheap products we demanded has cost us more than we can afford.

Penn fishing reels, you know the ugly super dependable ones, were all made in Philadelphia PA. Now the lower cost models are made in China, with a chorus of howls from the fishing community that they are crap and break alarmingly soon. That has spawned a rush to collect any and all US made models on Epay and elsewhere. Strangely, the higher end (expensive) models are still made in the US. I am still using a 1950's model 150 Surfmaster handed down from my father-in-law and fully expect to hand it down to my Grandson.

Collinite wax, it's made in the city roughly 25 minutes from me, Utica, NY, (same city that has the second oldest brewery in America), awesome product, have not bought any other brand of wax since the first time I used their product. I even used it on Black plastic/vinyl interior, it left no white residue, I'm sold on it.

I haven't read this whole thread but thought I'd toss in the important difference between 'Made In USA/Canada' and 'Assembled In USA/Canada'. Certainly they are not the same...

I went to dollar general to buy cheap baby shampoo so I can tint the windows in a car I just bought. I noticed they sold peak oil and I honestly never looked at it before. I like the made in USA in the corner. I ended up clearing the shelf. They only had 12 quarts of 10w30 and 40 and 1 of 5w30. But more is comong in tomorrow....not bad for $2.95/quart

Attachments

• IMAG0820.jpg
    IMAG0820.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 203
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor