The Minty Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyfanaddict

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 8, 2014
Whats up yall? So ive owned this car for two years now and It was pretty decent when i bought it with an amateur paint job done by somebody in their garage, looked pretty nice but if you examined it up close it had some issues. It was ok for a driver and thats exactly what i did with it for a while. I had some thoughts on what i would like to do with it eventually but i wasnt really in a rush.

The day i brought it home

Did small things to it while i was driving it like some craigslist 17" billet wheels, picked up a 2" steel cowl hood, and bought ALL new MOOG suspension and steering as well as some belltech 2" drop spindles and OPGI 2" rear drop springs. Also got an Energy Suspension poly bushings kit

Then last February one Saturday Morning some genius decided to make a left turn into a driveway from the right lane right in front of me and i ended up tagging their rear quarter at 25 mph! Damn it!

Dont look too bad right? Well their insurance company decided that it was just a piece of sh*t 1978 Malibu and said it was only worth $2300 and had roughly $4000 in damage so they TRIED to total it! WRONG ANSWER ALLSTATE INSURANCE! I argued and argued with them that i wasnt going to let it go that easy and they wouldnt deal so in comes my attorney! Sucks for them cause they coulda paid just $4000 and been done with it but after a little court battle i was awarded $15,000! Winning!

So into the body shop she went but it wasnt going to be a simple collision repair anymore but a full on re-paint... A very nice re-paint!

Reactions: 1 user

Chevyfanaddict

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 8, 2014
And heres how the car currently sits today. Got just a couple little things to tie up and then its coming home.

So when i get it home its getting a brand new vinyl top installed, clear coat cut and buff, all the new suspension and steering installed, and then i will start a true pro touring build with frame bracing, tube arms, coil overs, rear frame work and mini tub for some 18x11s with 315mm tires in the rear and 18x9s in the front. Got a couple wheels in mind but not set on anything yet but looking at either CCWs or Fikses right now. Also going to build an LQ4/9 6.0L and built 4L60e.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Niiiice!
Kudos for holding out on the value, paid off for you. Love the color combo btw. Keep us updated

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Great two tone colors and a beautiful paint job. Those wheels are a big improvement too...

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Car looks great!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Great looking car! Love the two tone! Great to hear you didn't get screwed by the insurance company. First thing I did when I bought my car was have it professionally appraised so I had ammunition if anything happens.

Reactions: 1 user

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Thats Awesome! 15g's would set my car for life lol. That paint job looks smooth.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice car. Love the subtle two tone green paint scheme. Glad to hear that you got satisfaction over the scumbag insurance company. I guess it took some arm twisting, but ultimately you prevailed. Good for you. man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor