BUILD THREAD The Mullet Maurader, The Epic of the LS swapped Buick

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Got caught up on your build too Duke...sounds great!..should be a hell of a ride with the turbo! Congrats on the new house too!

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Got caught up on your build too Duke...sounds great!..should be a hell of a ride with the turbo! Congrats on the new house too!

Thanks man, glad you like it.

Hopefully some more progress this winter before garage building season starts.

Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Not necessarily Car progress but getting the new garage set up to be a working space rather than a place to park cars. Spent the better part of the day on it today. Still need to do something about the basement but that can wait, I don't go down there anyway.

20191115_210042.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that I have way too much crap. Took 4 hours just to unpack the gun/reloading room.

I guess I did some small stuff on the tune, so that counts as car time.

Anyway, plumber will hopefully be in next week to put in the heater in the garage. Then its game on.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Storing stuff on the car, AAAARGG!!! My OCD, my OCD!!!! Blasphemy! Make it stop!!!

• Haha
  • Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Just spent over an hour reading this whole thread. You have some serious skills my man. Awesome build and looking forward to following the rest of your build.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Just spent over an hour reading this whole thread. You have some serious skills my man. Awesome build and looking forward to following the rest of your build.
That's pretty kind of you, I'm flattered. I dont consider myself one of the "skilled" builders on this site. Lots of other guys doing real work on here.

I kinda prefer the "mad scientist" label. haha

Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Little update here.

Now that the garage heater is in and keeping the garage a comfortable temperature, work is resumed. It's taken a while to get everything moved around, unpacked, organized, moved again, etc.... but I have a workshop again.

So, today I decided to finally finish stripping the roof and get ready to fill in the seam lines in the C pillar. So it was paint strippin time.

I did most with my electric DA sander, then I got fed up with the sandpaper getting clogged with adhesive residue from the vinyl top so the strip and clean wheel came out. Way more faster.
20191207_160849.jpg

Heres how the back half stripping came out. I have a few holes to weld up from the trim clips on the back edge of the roof line but it's more or less touched up for filler. In the c pillar.
20191207_170520.jpg
20191207_170540.jpg

Thinking the rear window will come out to get the priming done right under it. Plus I dont want to mess it up by cleaning the paint out around the window.

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor