(Im)patiently waiting for an update...
😉

Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Small update.

The regal has been liberated from storage at my parents house and brought to the new shop.

Not sure exactly what I am going to do with it going forward but at least it's here and I can have visits and see it.

20211030_105217.jpg 20211030_125940.jpg 20211030_125949.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Dedicate an hour a day to something involving the project. That keeps it relevant in your mind and life.

I recommend going balls out and do full/mini-tub it. 20x11+ wheels are common place now. Betcha can fit a set front and rear. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Dedicate an hour a day to something involving the project. That keeps it relevant in your mind and life.

I recommend going balls out and do full/mini-tub it. 20x11+ wheels are common place now. Betcha can fit a set front and rear. ;)
I am debating what to do with it. I was pretty stupi..., I mean inexperienced when I started it...

First it needs body work done on the rear quarters, so a mini-tub is possible. I have all the metal to fix what needs to be replaced its just a matter of time, and bodywork is somewhat relaxing so it will get some attention. My thoughts now are to strip the body off the frame and find a rotissorie to make it suck less to do the metal work that is needed. I want to make some improvements to the frame and probably notch for BIG rubber. Its going to be a milder street car with AC and a standard, I don't need to build another full retard race car, so it will be toned down significantly.

Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am debating what to do with it. I was pretty stupi..., I mean inexperienced when I started it...

First it needs body work done on the rear quarters, so a mini-tub is possible. I have all the metal to fix what needs to be replaced its just a matter of time, and bodywork is somewhat relaxing so it will get some attention. My thoughts now are to strip the body off the frame and find a rotissorie to make it suck less to do the metal work that is needed. I want to make some improvements to the frame and probably notch for BIG rubber. Its going to be a milder street car with AC and a standard, I don't need to build another full retard race car, so it will be toned down significantly.

Just go for the visuals. Keep it light. Any old LS with a cam will make it fun especially with a stick.

Frame off is dangerous ground. Go for the rolling restoration. Keep it in primer, mod and fix things as you go.

Orrr just slap some boosted LS junk in there and send it. Once you feel it in anger it'll be motivation to make it nice.

N/A has its own appeal.

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Orrr just slap some boosted LS junk in there and send it. Once you feel it in anger it'll be motivation to make it nice.
300 dry shot. Progressive with my Holley HP running it. Destroked 6.0 with my 232/242 .621" lift cam.

I have most of those parts already...
Just go for the visuals. Keep it light. Any old LS with a cam will make it fun especially with a stick.

Frame off is dangerous ground. Go for the rolling restoration. Keep it in primer, mod and fix things as you go.

N/A has its own appeal.
I'll have to get some pics of the cancer. Drivers side is almost done with the repair but the passenger quarter is much worse.

Once I get the garage move done, which is likely tomorrow, I'll get some pics.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor