The New Guy / G body EL Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

84ELCaminoLex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2019
Hey car peoples, just a new guy here saying yo. I got me a 84 G-body Chevy El Camino, added the motor, transmission, and lots of other parts to complete it. I don't have smog components, and i need to gather them all. I hope since i got the 305ci vs the 350ci that it will require less hoses/parts, ect. I also own a 98 GMC Suburban 4x4 K2500 with the 454ci 7.4L. I am also rebuilding it, but i at times have issues with the built in autotheft. Any how as i live in California, smog laws are harsh. Looks like this site is an active one, hope to spend some time chatting with members here.
Yippee Ki Yey !

Reactions: 1 user

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
Lex,
Welcome. Post some pics of your ride. I have an 84 camino that I finished halfway and had to stop when I transferred overseas for work for three years. It is still stock under the hood so I can send pics of what I have if you need. I don't think I need pollution stuff down here because of the age of the car. If not, I may be able to help you out with some of what you need.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You can hard wire a resistor in the Suburban to bypass the ignition tumbler sensor to fool the VATS into starting. It could also be a bad BCM. I've been battling my 02 Silverado for years!

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome from West Michigan.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor