The one that I let get away

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaballeroCanuck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2021
It's not often that something enters my collection and leaves again, but such was the case with this '79 Malibu Landau coupe. Originally out of Illinois corn country, this completely original little old lady car found it's way to Canada a few years ago. I happened to spot it on Kijiji and bought it. Apart from a good tune up and polishing ,the only major thing I did was to replace the somewhat battered wire wheel covers with a set of rallies. It had the 267 V8 and 200 transmission.
It was a nice companion car to the '78 Caballero.
Alas, another special older woman caught my fancy. A 1925 Buick 4 passenger coupe turned up in an estate and I made an offer that was accepted. Something had to go.
I still regret it, but the garage was getting over comfortable capacity (it's 32 x 80 ft).

Attachments

• '79 Malibu with rally wheels 001.JPG
    '79 Malibu with rally wheels 001.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 159
  • A lovely couple ! 001.JPG
    A lovely couple ! 001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1425.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 139
Reactions: 8 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Ah, the mighty 267, at least it might not hurt the TH200, it will be a nice, casual cruiser. Nothing like an Old Lady owned car. Usually it is a big 4 door but every now and then, it is a nice, mint 2 door. There was a nice shiny Orange early 70's 2 door Nova driven by a little old lady in town, a few years back. Mint except minor rust above the rear wheels. I wonder what happened to that one. Great score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor